Your setups [ 10k Archive]

damn, that’s too much awesomeness per square meter.

My actual studio…

My new minimal setup.

1 Like

Lovey and Funny :wink: :+1:

2 MS20 's Great !!! Must be good foof for the OT indeed … :joy:
I hope to add an MS20 to my setup one day - I love the sound - patching 2 of them must be :rage:

Nice and compact ! How’s the Minitaur ? i’m having a doubt between that one and the Hades for the moment …

A Dream-Setup :slight_smile:

[/quote]
2 MS20 's Great !!! Must be good foof for the OT indeed … :joy:
I hope to add an MS20 to my setup one day - I love the sound - patching 2 of them must be :rage: [/quote]
MS-20 on its own is great food for the Octatrack. I love making drum kits. MS-20 is also maybe the best option ojt there to learn what kind of synth player you could be. Such a great learning tool at a somewhat disposable price. I think for those at a crossroads of which way to go with your setups, be it hard/software, eurorack, pricier boards…the MS-20 offers an incredible view of where synths can take you. And that isn’t even touching the ocean of possibilities the EXT in offers.
My Octatrack is a diabetic by now from all the sweet sounds I fire in there. Don’t waste your time bothering with the build quality, or the mini keys, if you can remember how bleak the heyday of allowing ebay to piss in our faces trying to obtain a classic board, its worth every headache youd subject yourself to trying to complain about its downfalls.

2 MS -20’S however are amazing, nothing I have, or have had my hsnds on behave like a pair working together. Huge sounds can be coaxed out of such a setup. It can be tricked into being paraphonic, it drone like no other, so much bass, I love it.
And let’s face it. It looks cool af.

Here’s the most recent picture I have. It’s missing my new Monomachine and patchbays. I’ve been slowly building it over the past 17 years. Still working on getting it all up and running, but at this point, almost everything is wired together through the MIDI and audio patchbays. A few pieces don’t really get used anymore, but I don’t like getting rid of things. I’ve made the mistake of selling things and then regretting it.

Everything is run by my (old) computer and FLStudio (plus tons of plugins and samples). The briefcase on the white table is my live vocal fx rig.

Hardware:
Access Music Virus C
Alternate Mode drumKAT
ART TubeMP
Audio Technica ATH-M50X
Audix OM5
Dynaudio BM5A
Dynaudio BM9s
Edirol R-09
Edirol UA-20
Elektron Monomachine
Korg EA-1
Korg Kaossilator (Mini)
Korg KP2
Korg KP3
Korg KP3+
Korg Mini-KP
Korg MS2000BR
M-Audio BX5
Nady PCM 100
Native Instruments AudioKontrol 1
Novation Remote SL 25
Novation Remote SL 25 Compact
Novation Launchpad
PAIA Fatman
Presonus Firepod
Red Panda Labs Particle
Samson R11
Samson S-Patch Plus
Shure SM57 (x2)
Shure SM58
Sony MDR-700
Sony MDR-600
Sony MDR-900
Soundcraft 124 Notepad
TC Electronic Corona Chorus
TC Electronic Alter Ego V2
TC Electronic Hall of Fame Reverb
TC Helicon Voicetone C1
TC Helicon Vortex Flanger
Yamaha MG16
Yamaha MJC8

I see the most vital piece of gear is on the windowsill :wink:

1 Like

@slicetwo Man, I need to get some art up on my walls… Love the Type O tapestries!

Oh, sure, the gear’s pretty cool too…

Hahaha. Yeah, man. Having the room look nice helps make it more welcoming. The shirt tapestry my wife and I made out of my old band shirts. The painting on the right wall of the 2 guys sitting in the chairs is actually our first album cover from 10 years ago.

Like that you have the Reznor poster up! :+1:

Gear re-shuffle and some new additions. Still have to run some of the cabling.

Very nice intstruments ! Neverget rid of that Juno !!! :wink:

It’s never going anywhere my friend! It will however have 6 replacement voice cards at some point. My originals have been failing one after the other. Like lemmings over the bluff I’m afraid.

Main Gear
[ul]
[li]Elektron Analog Four[/li]
[li]Elektron Machinedrum UW[/li]
[li]Korg Electribe EMX-1[/li]
[li]Access Virus TI 2[/li]
[li]Moog Sub 37[/li]
[li]Korg Minilogue[/li]
[li]Teenage Engineering OP-1[/li]
[li]Teenage Engineering PO-14 & PO-16[/li]
[li]Nord Lead Rack[/li]
[li]Roland JP8080[/li]
[li]Novation Bass Station[/li]
[li]MicroKorg[/li]
[li]Quasimidi Raveolution 309[/li]
[/ul]

FX
[ul]
[li]TC Electronic Alter Ego X4 Delay[/li]
[li]TC Electronic Hall of Fame Reverb[/li]
[li]Korg KP3[/li]
[li]Roland EF-303[/li]
[/ul]

I’ve been experimenting with this top row as a potential live setup, although a Monomachine might come along and kick out the Oplab/OP-1/Volca Keys (being synced with SyncLab add-on board for Oplab). In the second row, the Waldorf Streichfett is also live and wired to the Oplab via USB Midi.

1 Like

Different live setup attempt. Eliminate Oplab/Synclab and OP-1; more Bastl/Standuino boxes, bringing Streichfett to foreground. Still trying to figure out an upcoming live set.