Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Niiiice![/quote]
Agreed. Super nice desk. Love the chunky sturdy look of it.
I have an old antique coca-cola bottle opener on the wall in my kitchen. I swear it’s the handiest and most coveted thing in there.

currently

atlantis/verbos complex as main oscillators in the eurorack clocked by the A4

A4/Rytm/OT/Oktakontrol/OP1

microbrute/minitaur on the right also clocked via cv from the A4

preen fm2 and nord drum 1 sequenced by OT

processed by the Elysia XPressor and XFilter 500 and captured by the Burl B2 ADC

1 Like

In that photo, filled to the brim with all of that synth finery, my eyes (and heart) leapt immediately toward the Nord Lead. :slight_smile:[/quote]
Yeah, it’s the original one with the expander… and I definitely don’t use it as much as I should!

Did a purge. Came out with this.

6 Likes

Updated.

Pure bliss

NICE !!!

Pure bliss[/quote]
:heart:

awesome set up m8!

I never knew how musical a compressor could be until I heard Elysia compressors.
The Alpha Comp plug-in is blowing me away right now. The plug-in alliance sale is over, but I think Vintage King and others may still have it for $99.

Really want to get an Xpressor 500 for an old 2 space Atlas Revolver rack for gigs, but there is something about the thought of bringing an Elysia into some dirty/dingy clubs that is too disrespectful. Instead, I’ll try to string together the same vibe with my RNC, bass EQ filter pedal, and maybe a Strymon Deco.

But i digress…

What are you mixing with?

Pure bliss[/quote]
:heart:
[/quote]
:+1: Wish i had that kind of self control

Hi everybody!
Some very cool setups here, it’s great to see how other people work.
After 10 years of living in tiny NY apartments and having things in boxes I was finally able to sort out a space to play just a couple months ago.
So here’s my happy place in various stages.

Not pictured:
Moog Source
Paia Proteus One
Roland JX 3-P

1 Like

That looks perfect—the minimalism of the setup, the minimalism of it all.

thanks everyone!

@AdamJay i sum everything into the OT -> main outs into the lunchbox via XLR. yea i don’t think i would take the xpressor out to the club, unless i was being paid well to do so :slight_smile:

Hey nice setup. Just a question for you. If that’s a MKI MonoMachine in the left. Did it not fit in the two-tiered stand you have for the newer Elektrons? I was hoping it would at least at the bottom.

That looks perfect—the minimalism of the setup, the minimalism of it all.[/quote]
Thanks. I just figured, with an Octatrack and a Yamaha Reface CS, there’s not a whole lot I can’t do. Adding more gear didn’t add more music. Removing gear, created music. Strange but true, nonetheless.

That looks perfect—the minimalism of the setup, the minimalism of it all.[/quote]
Thanks. I just figured, with an Octatrack and a Yamaha Reface CS, there’s not a whole lot I can’t do. Adding more gear didn’t add more music. Removing gear, created music. Strange but true, nonetheless.[/quote]
Nice! That’s how I like it. Minimal approach.

That’s my current combo:

It’s a very live-oriented setup. I don’t have a studio setup with lots of synths and compressors because easy jamming on a stream-lined setup is what it’s all about for me.

The iPad is just an optional addon with optional MIDI keyboard. Two FX devices (Strymon El Cap + TC Trinity2) as well as monitors out of sight.

Although I prefer to keep things as minimal as possible, it’s very convenient to have 2 sequencers (previously MD+A4, OT+AR or MD+OT). The TR8 can keep over when I’m loading a new sample/kit/project whatsoever on the MPC. No Midi sync btw.

MPC+TR8 deliver some banging techno and it’s awesome to have a DJ mixer (kill EQ’s) to blend things together. My minimal setup is just the MPC.

1 Like

Thanks. I just figured, with an Octatrack and a Yamaha Reface CS, there’s not a whole lot I can’t do. Adding more gear didn’t add more music. Removing gear, created music. Strange but true, nonetheless.[/quote]
Nice! That’s how I like it. Minimal approach.[/quote]
Thanks. It looks small, but the potential is endless. The Reface CS is just so much keyboard love.

@Andreas : the coherence of the colors add some beauty to it.
You could get a white OT shell from dickmalibu or someone else ^^

Award of gear setup + color taste + self-conscience :wink: