Your setups [ 10k Archive]

I have a slightly less elaborate version of that :smile:

12 Likes

Fair enough question! I once had a visitor tell me that their favorite thing - or the part they enjoyed the most about my whole setup was the stand for that drum pad!

Are you also a Keith McMillen Instruments BopPad owner? It’s mounted with the KMI BopPad mount. The stand is a Mapex B800EB Armory Black Plated Boom Stand (for cymbals and such).

It’s held up extremely nicely over the past year or so of regular use - for finger and stick drumming, which is admittedly rather gentle. If you were to use the radius and aftertouch functionality of the BopPad (which entails pressing down and dragging your finger across the pad), you may consider placing some form of added weight at the base of the stand to help keep it from tipping, despite its extremely wide base.

The stand is highly maneuverable and it stays put in whatever configuration I tighten it up in. The locks and grips have never slipped on me. Whatever bounce the boom arm has actually contributes to the pad feeling somehow more natural and playable… and I’ve noticed that it can certainly help with the rejection of false triggers, which is an excellent added bonus.

Thanks, @haircut. I have a Korg Wavedrum, and I need a stand.

1 Like

Can I ask what desk you’re using? I need to step up my table game and this looks exactly like what I’m looking for!

same rig — new desk.
(still waiting for sliding shelves, so this is a preview)

PreenFM2 and Yamaha DTXPress III are not used in this particular setup, but can be added or swapped with some other unit(s).

8 Likes

How’s the supernova? I’ve always had half an eye on those as they’re a lot of synth for the market price. What kind of music are you making?

desktop version of Supernova (this one) is called Nova Laptop.
rack version has more multitimbrality & polyphony, and FM capabilities (n/a in desktop), but desktop version has vocoder (which is n/a in the rack version).
my favorite VA synth ever, the only downside i can think of is its non-standard PSU. (but there are workarounds if original PSU dies)
two ring modulators per patch, various per-oscillator waveshaping controls, double saw (super saw in Novation-speak), LFOs in audio range, advanced programmable arpeggiator, filters with overdrive, FX and other cool stuff.
factory patches were definitely oriented to popular subgenres of trance, so i did not care about them. i use this machine for old school goa & electro-industrial, with partially my own patches, partially my favorite ones stolen from software synths and recreated on Nova.

2 Likes

Still with that 4:3 monitor tho :joy: but hey, if it still works right? :woman_shrugging:

Did you ditch the Emus then?

Man, lots of eyecandy in here! Wow!
(Lets hear some ear candy)

5:4 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: it’s 1280x1024. i don’t like it, but still did not give myself money to upgrade it.

no. they are just too big to live on the desk permanently.
(Virus B too)

2 Likes

Ah okay. I have a Proteus 2000 rack I haven’t gotten rid of and now that my MPC has an autosampler I really need to make keygroups out of the Beat Garden and probably TSCY ROMs in it >_>

1 Like

Whoa - godspeed! That would probably crush my spirit into powder. I’m also a twin, though according to my mom, I was perfect (haha). At any rate, nice little setup you have there, in what seems like a good space for focusing when you have the time. I’ll keep an eye out for your gear sale, too. Despite the headaches with kids, the good always seems to outweigh the bad.

Cheers

These boys are a handful alright! But I can honestly say this has been the most rewarding time of my life! We don’t plan on any further children so it was a case of now or never with taking a year out and looking after them.

With the gear sale, I’ve actually sold a few items already via Reverb but when I get a moment I’ll put the rest up on here.

:grinning:

2 Likes

Twin boys 17 years old here, it’s a fun ride, enjoy it. Just got back into music a couple years ago. Only kept my acoustic guitar around to stay somewhat sane till time was right. Good luck.

5 Likes

5 Likes

monome grid and arc 4

4 Likes

It’s expensive, that’s what it is :laughing: (Monome grid and monome arc from https://monome.org/)
Also it probably works in tandem with the monome norns at the right of those.

4 Likes

I really lol’d

:joy:

3 Likes

It’s a big white circle.

8 Likes

ZORDON & hommes_doutant are correct, that is the monome varibright grid in a walnut enclosure and the latest monome arc 4, and they are in fact connected to a monome norns. Norns is running a Lua script named traffic, which is essentially a note sequencer that uses the grid and arc together. Here is a video from the creator of the traffic script.

Traffic

And a link to that script’s page

2 Likes