Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Haha yeah :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Maybe he is.

Whoa always awesome to see another S-10 in use. I feel really privileged to have one, I don’t think people appreciated them much back in the day but it’s an extremely well built keyboard with an excellent arpeggiator, and it sounds wonderful. Not much more you can ask for. They seem to be fairly uncommon from what I can see, I don’t see them for sale very often. I had a number of dead keys on mine when I bought it but I was able to repair it, just a few corroded traces on the matrix pcb.

2 Likes

Love this setup. Ive been using it for years. Overbridge is still super buggy though.:laughing:

16 Likes

I thought I’d update with these pictures of my latest setup . . .

Just getting my head into the PCM81 which arrived yesterday - sounds great so far.

I’m thinking about getting the Ventris Reverb out again - it was going to be sold but I think I may stretch my money and try and keep it.

15 Likes

Yeah I’ve got my octatrack, heat and an AS1 in the medium case too… Thanks Dave!

My Heat was also worryingly hot last weekend! Searching old post on here, various people have mentioned the heat living up to it’s name, but I don’t remember it getting that hot before.
I’ve packed mine into the box pretty much identically to your photo (obviously cant see how you’ve packed yours underneath but the foam in mine is definitely covering up the vents on the back of my heat… so I might try and remove some foam and leave a bit of space to let it breath.

Anyone else experienced their heat being hot enough to fry and egg on?

@DaveMech As you seem to be the gorilla case spokesman :grinning:
How hot did your heat get in the big box before you changed to the recent double double digi combo? Any tips on packing these boxes to help with over heating? Or should I just continue to pack as many elektrons as I can fit in to the case and hope for the best?

Cheers

2 Likes

I wish haha.

@no1normal
Obviously it had no foam at the back to make room for the cables. It did get very hot but have had studio sessions where I left it on for hours without an issue. I’m going to put a disclaimer here though that I’m not responsible for any overheating haha. Seriously though, I don’t think you have to be worried. Contact Elektron to ask them how hot the heat is able to get without issues.
I mean, on stage it can get insanely hot with all the gear and lights. Gear needs to be able to handle that.

1 Like

Can you show us a picture of your case with the cable management underneath as you’ve mentioned?Also could the gorilla cases be custom made?I’d like to fit the MPC Live, a Dave Smith Tempest and a Access VirusTI desktop inside…

Thanks

3 Likes

Sure, I’ll post something this weekend

1 Like

Bought mine a few years back. I was lucky to get my hands on one a few years back really cheap locally. It was the sampler I always wanted as a kid, when I was playing on my Casio sk1 :grinning:
It was and still is in great shape. The diskdrive still works and got a load of disks with it, but I use the ipad with a sysex app to send and store patches. Build quality is superb! I use it as masterkeyboard sometimes. Plays really fine. I really shouldnt with such an old device :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Here is my new Porta-Cube for gigs

76 Likes

Cool! Tell us more about it!

1 Like

Woah! That looks frickin‘ cool! WTF!

2 Likes

Definitely need more info!

1 Like

My setup

7 Likes

Gosh! That needs some explaining ! Super cool !!!

Right - well this is definitely a work in progress.

After adding this photo I rearranged the top section. When it is complete I might post a video about it for those interested. All the cabling and power conditioner are inside the housing

I have an extra 1U space btw on top free (after moving the Octatrack up further) so needs to be low profile - even a nice big VU meter could give a nice reference. I just want to avoid knobs getting in the way… I am interested in 1U suggestions…

3 Likes

yes that’s it!

so here is my current setup. I am currently working in another city, so I only took DT and DN to keep it small.

The Launch Control XL and the MPK mini are connected to an USB Hub, wich goes into Mode Machines Cerebel USB to midi converter.
Each of the left 4 faders and the nobs above controlling DT and the right 4 faders and knobs are controlling the DN.

I totaly forgot that there is a midi editor for the MPK mini as well downloadable so this device is configured only as my controller of the autochannel of the DN and DT. It has a build in arpeggiator that i use sometimes for my DT many users are missing inside the DT so this is a good and cheap alternative i guess!

17 Likes