Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Aren’t those ikea tablet stands perfect for the mkiis…

1 Like

arrr… I’m from Germany… buuut they don’t list knobs for digitakt on their site… which one did you take?

Yeah they are. they give it a bit more angle to see better

1 Like

They’re “large encoders” for “other” - I think if I had been able to see them first I might have gone for extra large though - and worth mentioning they don’t extend right down to the panel of the Digitakt as the originals do (maybe the extra large would… Not sure)

This is the EU stockist

https://www.djkit.com/coolorcaps

1 Like

There’s DJTechTools ChromaCaps too. DV247.com if in Europe.

Simple but effective for my workflow: Digitakt x 0-Coast x Keystep x Dirty Electronics Mute 4.0 synth (used for weird sounds to chop in digitakt) x Scarlett 6i6 x Ableton 10 x pair of Genelec 8010 a x Sony MDR-V6 Digital headphones

16 Likes

Is that a custom made stand for the keystep ? It’s pretty neat !

Yeah! Go check out Synths & Wood!

1 Like

18 Likes

Well, I was too slow, please hit me up if you make more. :slight_smile:

I don’t make them, that company does, but if you’re interested I would contact them anyways. I’m sure they can do a special order.

1 Like

Hi, super interested in your modular setup you have there. I’m heading into the modular, but it’s deep. What modules do you have? What ones are your favourite and provide the most utility? I’m leaning towards effects as I feel I have a lot of oscillators with my A4 Rytm and MD. All sample mangled in my OT. But maybe a sound source would be cool…

Apologies, I’m totally fine with you sending me to Muffwigglers. Just your system looks right in line with some ideas I’ve had.

I’ve started researching, and it seems like I’ll be researching for some time yet!!! Part of the fun. :-/

2 Likes

Hi there! Thank you for your interest :slight_smile:. I actually started off with the Mother 32 then bought a small rackbrute case that provides the basic components of a synthesizer. Osc=Braids, Warps=which can act as another Osc, but also a sound mangler. Batumi and Maths are the main modulation sources. And also WMD Filter and ADSR. A lot of flexibility all within a single row case, M32, and Korg-SQ 1 sequencer. Although I’m not familiar with modular effects, if you’re looking for a good sound source for your Analog 4, then I’d recommend buy a case and a Mutable Braids or Plaits. Hope that helps :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks! I will add those to my list to research.

Think I’m definitely going with a rectifier and a wave folder… annnnd that’s as far as I’ve got. Haha, so much going on with modular. Really hard to wrap my brain around. But I’ve subscribed to the few podcasts I could find. And some YouTubes. The life forms sv-1 seems interesting, but not really effects…

Love your setup, looks like a ton of fun!

3 Likes

Great! If you want a wavefolder then get Warps and even an additional oscillator to compliment Warps. I’ve actually got a lot to learn myself, I only started modular just of last year!! Just remember to have a clear goal in mind when going modular or else it’s an endless game!!

2 Likes

Apt rig ready to joined by other stuff in our new house :smiley:

4 Likes

My portable setup, medium (I think?) Gorilla case. Power, midi, audio and usb cables are all routed underneath the instruments. I’ve got a pdu arriving tomorrow so I’ll need just a single power cord and somewhere to plug some audio jacks in. It is getting pretty hot, maybe I’m paranoid, but I’m wondering if the heat is going to damage the instruments or cause a fire :neutral_face:

Octatrack and Digitone arrived this week so I’m just getting my head around how this can work together. It’s fun so far. Just bouncing stems out from Ableton and trying to reconstruct tracks on the octa, with some parts played live from the Digitone/takt.

Thanks @DaveMech for the inspiration

28 Likes

Modular & Midiphy SEQ V4+
Exchanged all gear except the two waldorfs… :wink:

16 Likes

Seriously @DaveMech, you need to be on commission for all these gorilla case sales.

3 Likes