Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Finally starting to get a working setup, need to move rooms so now just built it within the footprint of the smaller new room(thanks kids). Missing is the synthrack(will be wallmount) with the 106 and A6 and the sampling bro’s SP1200 and Octa. Once my SSL SiX gets a rackmount that solves the Octa spot on the table, the SP I’ll just have to go improv…

Oh, and the 101! Need to fix my 101!

30 Likes

@DaveMech how do you manage heat from the devices with the foam padding? DT/DN and AH all run quite hot, has it caused any problems for you having them all tightly packed like that with lots of foam around the power supplies?

Cheers
-s

1 Like

S-10 is great. I love putting sounds in it and use the auto-find-loop function, so that sometimes it creates a single cycle repetition at the end. Sounds awesome!

2 Likes

Never had an issue. The Heat gets hot indeed but there’s enough room to breath. I think the foam absorbs the heat good enough as well. It’s not very dense.

1 Like

Looking good!

hey there. my Winter Modular Eloquencer has a Midi IN/OUT expander module which both sends and receives clock via 5pin midi din. its pretty boss!
http://winter-modular.com/product/eme-black/

1 Like

Ohhh that SP-808!
My first sampler and the core of my old power-electronics act.
Sold it after I got Live, but that shit was great!!!
On the Deluge, I sold it and kept the MPC Live, the Deluge is great, but for me it was too much of everything.

2 Likes

Using the sp-808 for additional fx. Some of them are great. Great box.
I cannot sell anything :face_with_raised_eyebrow: breaks my heart. There is also a Mc-303 and a Rm1x in a case somewhere there. Performed loads of techno with those years back.
Also Korg MS2000 and a Roland D-20 in the corner collecting dust.

1 Like

check out the nord drum 3p, im also a percussionist so for me getting to play very nice FM and other crazy digital synth voices like a drum is really nice

2 Likes

What’s that lovely looking silver mixer thing?

Bottom right? It’s a custom made arduino MIDI controller I just built (mostly because my APC40 didn’t have enough channels)
It’s actually white not silver though! (I nearly did it in mirrored acrylic, but it would have been a lot more expensive and the light up “send” buttons between the faders and the pots already cost a pretty decent amount.)

2 Likes

I’m not totally convinced, Dave, but I got the medium sized case anyway. Will post pictures and report when I’m up and running. Thanks for the vid, super useful.

1 Like

Thanks for reply, looks great

1 Like

Quality choices all over :thup:

Thanks, feels like it took a lifetime of buying selling and trying but the basic hub seems to finally work out. Metric Halo 2882’s <–> Orville, KSP8 <–> SSL SiX and an optional tube vibe of the Drawmer 1968me. First time hybrid feels natural and hassle free. Add Overbridge 2.0 and it just might do the trick :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got the little brother to the KSP myself - fantastic sound!

14 Likes

Finally got my 414 back from service and it’s a perfect fit!

Just put some single notes from the DN through the Organelle (running a Mutable Instruments Clouds patch) and the Avalanche Run on each tape track. They form a nice chord when mixed together - then sample everything to the DT and here we goooo. It goes back and forth. Just pure awesomeness.

24 Likes

3 Likes

My hipster starter pack. Just got the op-z today, but have to return it since the encoders are jacked up. Hopefully its replacement has no issues because I’m so excited to tinker with it.

22 Likes