Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Well it has a sequencer (er-101) a mixer (Xaoc Praga) plonk on drums, Instruo TsL on bass and a Micro plaits as lead voice. And then a bunch of fx; micro clouds, verb, delay, lofi junky and a compressor. So its like a groovebox in modular. My latest gig with this case was two weeks ago. This is the recording of it:

Its awesome!

7 Likes

Thanks! Oh, the Virus will never go. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I initially saw a MkII Elektron box as well.

1 Like

Last update of the life „surfboard“ rig :slight_smile: Still completely battery powered (or through just ONE ac adapter) and everything is mounted on to the wooden board, which fits in a keyboard gigbag.

I swapped the digitone with the squid, which is dedicated to the iPad. As much as I love the DN, but for such a small rig, you have to maximize the flexibility … the squid is a quite powerful sequencer and the range of great synths released for iOs represents endless possibilities: 16 tracks for all kinds of synthesis.

the rytm is the analog beast counterpart to all the digital madness.

Then the Iconnectaudio4 came back into the game: the routing possibilities and the usb midi host port are priceless.

On the backside of the board there is a free usb port, where a controller of choice can be connected

33 Likes

I have a vision of her just leaning against the door frame, fag hanging from her bottom lip, collar of her leather jacket up, whilst she flips a coin- ‘hey, where’d think you’re going boy?’ (without looking up)
‘err n-n-n-nowhere where j-j-j-just going to make some music’

‘I don’t thi k so kid. Now, move along before you start to regret the decisions you made that led you to this point’ (cracks knuckles)

I’m sure she’s a lovely lady really and not a thug :smile:

1 Like

Well…i convinced her with a husbands weapon to make some room, for me to at least get to my desk…

7 Likes

Hahaha.

You’ve given me an idea as to waht to do with all my elektron stickers! I wonder if my Mrs will be down with that…

Hehe, i thought so too, but she didnt loose a word about it at all.:grin:

1 Like

My current POV.

Recently bought the OT, primarily used as a mixer for TS and DT, each having their Thru track being recorded and played back via Flex machine for transition mangling. Still trying the get the workflow somehow, but it gets better :wink: rest of the tracks for pads and some sliced perc loops.

130 bpm repetitive quite dark 4tothefloor techno coming through the headphones, really do like this setup atm.

Cheers guys

16 Likes

Here’s the most recent setup. Very happy with it. Got almost all bases covered nicely. I’m working on getting an Apollo x8 next, or at least 8 more inputs via ADAT until I can afford it. I may also add a Reface CP but I’m trying to hit pause on the new stuff for a bit, and focus on releasing music again.

Also Lightroom phone app put that dumb copyright watermark :rofl:

4 Likes

Datt techno system owns :), love it…!

I love it too, it sounds incredible and hours fly by while only turning knobs…

Only thing is: I very rarely use the Toms… I’m at the edge of selling them to put another fx module in there or maybe some other percussion module.

But the looks, the feel and the sound overall is just amazing.

2 Likes

I did not touch the modules and build a small skiff by its side, you never know when you might need them. The skiff is build around the graphics vco and is a nice addition to the baseline module…

1 Like

wow this setup looks deadly :sunglasses:

I will, one day, have this Elektribe too…such a great machine!

how do you like that catalyst with the 301? tell me how you use it!

Yesterday’s live setup:

13 Likes

Cool, you did a gig in space!

2 Likes

Dude I would have a panic attack having my equipment so close to the water. I know it’s on a table and all, but I’m pretty sure my stuff would find some inexplicable way of jumping into that pool.

1 Like

Just takes one comedian doing a cannonball and your whole setup is drenched…

3 Likes

it‘s further away from the pool as it looks like on the pic. But indeed… i just did the pictures and brought in back inside :wink:

1 Like