Your setups [ 10k Archive]

How’s the qy700 sequencing work flow compared to the elektron sequencer?

1 Like

I really really like it, but then again I was raised on RM1X and QY-70. This is the mothership compared to them. I mostly aspire to do some kind of indie pop/chillwave/folktronica type of stuff and I find the 64 step limit of Elektron sequencers somewhat limiting. I love parameter locks as much as the next elektronaut but writing longer tracks and different parts with the QY is a lot more enjoyable. I’ll never feel the need to complain about Digitone/takt missing song mode because I have the mother of all songmodes on the QY.

There’s also a lot of groove tools which make nondestructive and very cool rhytmic tricks on your sequences and then there’s some Kordbot -type of tools for transposing and stuff.

For me the QY-700 is a bit like a musical typewriter. I get a song idea, I write it down. It’s like second nature. This is the closest you can get to complete independence from DAWs. You get a piano roll and a lot of other DAW-like features without ever having to touch your computer.

3 Likes

Final setup!
Stoked to have the virus on leads and pads.

24 Likes

Matrixbrute looks epic

1 Like

that ellen arkbro album is phenomenal

1 Like

The Elektron Digibike probably wouldn’t have handlebars, you have to buy their Digicycle to get that. The Digicycle doesn’t include pedals though, you have to buy the Analog Bike if you want pedals, but the Analog Bike doesn’t include a front wheel.

4 Likes

Analogue sounds in my summer analogue studio

32 Likes

currently just this bad boy here^^
sold a Monomachine and a Machindrum for it…isn’t it nice?!

24 Likes

Thats cool, interested in what modules you are working with the DFAM and the Mthr32

1 Like

What is that stand? Looking for something just like that!

From left to the right: Mutable I. Peaks, Mutable I. Plaits, the Disting MK3. Erica Synths Trigg, an Erica Synths Black Hole DSP with extension ROM, Erica Synths Stereo Mixer, Erica Mult and last but not least a Dreadbox Attenuator. actually a Erica Synths Black LFO and a Erica Drums Module belongs there, but i put them tempoary in another smaller sized Case. i also own the Mutable I. Ripples, which is a great Filter unit too.

2 Likes

It’s an adjustable keyboard stand and l added my own black shelving

Redacted

24 Likes

thanks for that, what case are you using to house them?

It looks like a moog triple stand. And I’m guessing there is a naked mother somewhere close by.

1 Like

Nice! Scotch or bourbon? :happy:

it’s a Case from Moog, 60HP. it’s kinda the same from the DFAM and M32 but without a power supply. the power supply Module is on the far left, a 4ms Row Power 40. all 3 cases are mounted in a 3 tier rack, from Moog as well. and the Stereo outputs of either the Black Stereo Mixer or Black Hole DSP are always connected to my Compter Interface (sometimes a Mackie 1402 VLZ4 Mixer) via a Y adapter Cable. runs through Ableton Life

2 Likes

nope, you can get those already emptied :wink:

2 Likes

Are those orange TRS cables that’s connected into the OT? What kind are they?

1 Like

Aye