Your setups [ 10k Archive]

I live, and am from, sf and can completely sympathize with this. been trying to move within the city for half a year now and everything available is like 400sqft studio for $3k… and the places that do come up that look good I get rejected from for not making 3x cost of rent. but this is the only home I’ve known so no plans on leaving. I feel the pain.

3 Likes

Haha thanks for the kind words :smile:
Was a long journey to end up with this setup…but feels like i need a patchbay to top it off :smiley:

Been enjoying this over the weekend; Deckards into the MF104M, (and taking a midi sync off the the Octa) and the Mercury 7 on the cue out from the Octatrack.

15 Likes

Care to share who makes the chair? Really nice looking, I’d like to own one of those.

Bought on eBay - it’s a 70s one. It was pretty cheap actually, and I really like it. More comfortable than it looks, too

Beautiful setups of all sorts here, but I have a major problem with my own. MY FUCKING CAT! She jumps all over my stuff, walks around on keys, steps all over my stuff, and it’s making me insane. HOW DO I KEEP HER OFF?!? Plenty of you must struggle with this. I keep sheets on top of everything so the fur isn’t an issue, but still…

1 Like

Is there a maker’s mark anywhere on it, or a brand? Looks very comfortable to me, so if it’s even more comfortable than it looks you must be falling asleep in it regularly.

Afraid not

He knows a way!

alf

4 Likes

Only one answer…

You’ll have to piss on all your gear. It’s the only thing they respect.

5 Likes

that moog delay is something else. Ive had two for years and havent wanted another delay. THough the M is a bit wilder than the z, but brings the modulation and spillover which is nice

1 Like

All the under the hood options accessible via midi are great too - the bright mode and such.

with my new mixer

15 Likes

Current rig, Minilogue under the table being sequenced by Digitakt but patch modulation is being done through the Push 2

10 Likes

looks that way, yes! I’ve basically got the same thing, with the x.sum and a fireface, and a Samson patch bay. I use the x.sum as a rack mixer for 16 different instruments (some mono, some stereo), routed to the fireface. but they all hit the patch bay before the x.sum. then I just route to pedals/effects as needed. simple and flexible.

1 Like

So many great desks. Amazing. I love this thread! Here´s my safe place.

And a video how I use and sync this stuff:

30 Likes

This really looks like a joyful place.

1 Like

IKEA stands ftw!

1 Like

Awesome mixer! I have the smaller version Q-16, and wonder whether it wouldn’t have sufficed for your gear. It has 16 lines + 3 stereo ins after all.

HI there ! Just wondering what you’re using for acoustic treatment here. I’m just in the process of moving into another studio space and want to set up something similar.

Thanks,
Walter (on off on)