Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Love AUM as well ! So many possibilities ! At the moment the rytm is the master providing clock to the digitone and to a midi—> LINK app which is AUM is syncing to. Quite stable for now.
Something i discovered regarding the rytm: i sold the digitakt to get the rytm, because i realized that i’m not using it’s midi sequencer so
much, as the AUv3 sequencers for iOs in some
cases are more powerful (especially for longer sequences) and i ended up using only the 8 knobs of the digitakt’s midi tracks to control the soft synths of the ipad.
I was afraid that i’m going to miss that in the rytm. But hell NO! On the rytm i’ve found out that the 8 knobs are sending different CC values respectively to the buttons below. So now i have just one dedicated midi channel on the rytm for AUM and for all it’s functions/plugins and i can use 8knobs x 6 “banks”, so virtually 48 knobs ! that’s great.
Wow that took me long to describe in my crappy english… :wink:

1 Like

doOd. dual octatracks and a db4! that’s a sick set up. so many options.

for my DJ gigs i’ve been using my OT as a send from db4 with the ‘booth’ outs and then running back into an analog input on the db4.

With the "Booth’ outputs you can switch which mix it gets, so I switch back and forth between sending the ‘Mix’ out if I have a nice layering of other tracks or ‘phones’ mix if I want to cue something up and only send that to the OT.

so fun

2 Likes

That’s cool. Yeah, I have the booth out for sampling into Octatrack number 2. Yeah, really flexible set up. However, I spent 3 months finding a way that works for me. Had some things that were great but too complex. I reeled it in a bit and settled with it this way. Works good for me.
Currently lost in the M32 and DFAM and the Filter Bank. I forget to sample anything from it all as I’m too busy finding different sounds. :grimacing::grin:

1 Like

need some wall treatment badly

23 Likes

Very nice. What sequencer and midi sync apps are you using? I can’t get AUM to start/stop from my digitakt using the midi/link app I have

this is the saddest thread in music history

5 Likes

Why?

This is a great thread! It’s good to see how others lay out their gear. Setup is important for good workflow.

2 Likes

No way bro, this thread is where it’s at!! I do find it sad to me though when I post my setup as it lacks in many ways.

1 Like

rozeta and atom piano roll are my favorites

Needs some cables. :okej:

2 Likes

A compact setup in the Livingroom so l can spend valuable time with the wife while making music, of coarse using headphones.

18 Likes

Interesting. How do you get the sound without audio connections? :joy:

3 Likes

Just joking. How’s the akai force?

Just setting up today still not finished

I’m really liking the force, as is, can’t wait to see what future updates will be. It is the central hub l will have everything running into it so l can have each track playing a different device.

How is the akai? Looks amazing!
After i sent this is see your response…great looking device!

I’m really liking the workflow very easy to comprehend and the four synths are great to work with. No song mode but not a big deal you can setup the scenes to play songs. I’m a drummer but not a synth player but you wouldn’t know it on this beast.

1 Like

because of all the longing and the want it riles in you?

…otherwise, i’ve learned a ton in here about cases to buy, methods of madness, cable management, and whatnot…

Those KRKs appear to be front ported, ja?