Your setups [ 10k Archive]

yeah I sequence polyphonic synths with the OT all the time. but my playing is not that complicated, so it’s not pushing the limits of it. sometimes I use two tracks, sometimes not.

it’s unclear to me whether the Digitone will allow full polyphonic sequencing for midi. I know it will do eight notes at once for each midi track. but will it allow you to sustain each of those notes for differing lengths of time? or play chords with one hand and a melody with the other, then accurately play that back? (I don’t own one/haven’t used one) if so, it’s moving up my list of needs…

If I remember, I’ll try it out

Thanks for the tips! I figured you could just use a 2nd MIDI track if need be, but wasn’t sure. I don’t do much MIDI sequencing. Trying to determine if I should get a desktop vs. full keyboard synth, should I go that route. I guess it’s one of those things, too, where just because you have 6 notes doesn’t mean you have to use all 6. Less is more is a lesson I struggle to learn all the time in music, haha.

If I’m honest, 4 notes usually does me fine; The prophet pad in this vid is 4 notes and sounds gigantic in person. Which are you looking at?

Right now, it’s pretty much OB-6, but probably not for a while (i.e. up to a year from now). Just hopes and dreams at the moment.

I’d have possibly gone for that over a P6 had that choice have been available to me, but the OB6 didn’t exist when I got mine. That said, the prophet is a really lovely synth. Kinda my safe pair of hands synth.

UDO Super Six got to be worth consideration now.

2 Likes

This is what I’m messing around with at the moment.
I want a little stand for the Bim behind the Filterbank to raise it up a bit.

38 Likes

what a nice mood this entire setup/arrangement/color scheme provides! Lovely.

2 Likes

2 Octatracks!!!

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s a great place to spend time.
We’ve a giant green bean bag opposite that offers the crash out option.

1 Like

Yeah, left one is all rhythm elements. The right one is effects, bass, vocals. The digitone chips in on this too.

1 Like

Really nice layout there.
I would put two bits of foam or woodern blocks about 5 inches wide and sit the Filterbank on them, this would allow the Bim to be placed in front and centred.
Just my thoughts, I love re-arranging my setup almost as much as playing the damn stuff!

:grin:

1 Like

That’s a great idea. I’ll put the consultancy fee in the post to you! :wink:

1 Like

Genius! @OverUnity

14 Likes

You have now the place for Bam and Boum :wink:

2 Likes

When that happens, and I get the evil eye from my typically very understanding girlfriend, I’ll show her that post of yours! :wink::grin:

1 Like

Latest version of my little battery powered liveset
beast :slight_smile:

41 Likes

I was actually going to suggest moving the Ventris over there.

love the colored dots for coordinating audio routing.

I’m a stickler for aesthetics.
Looks awesome!!
:+1:

This is cool a cool setup, I’m loving AUM at the moment. How are you handling midi sync and transport between the electrons and AUM? It’s baking my noodle.