Your setups [ 10k Archive]

The speaker shelves simply slot in. They’re not necessary at all.

2 Likes

@pgrm.woof

Peter’s correct. The speaker shelves simply slot in.

If you compare my desk to the Ikea photo, you’ll see I haven’t fitted the side panels. I also fitted only 1 shelf, not both.

1 Like

love it!! tank of a rig.

gotta ask, how are you racking the OT? custom rack ears?

1 Like

My current setup for mostly improvised live perfomance at my dance event with movement meditation. I like the combination of acoustic sounds, violin, looping and all the electronic sounds.

24 Likes

Glad you like it. Aluminum angle (25x25mm) on one side and folded (self made) aluminum plate (2x30mm) on the other. It’s definitely not the most durable rackmount, but I’m still happy with it.

1 Like

Yeah looks fantastic.

Jesus, this is awesome. What a cracking setup. I love the custom tray you’ve got going on. Beaut!

1 Like

the first OT MKIII! …Lucky!

2 Likes

thnx mate !

1 Like

Current hardware jamming setup :slight_smile: Cheating a tiny bit, because there’s an off screen usb-synced Keystep sequencing the 0-Coast. I should have a thru port left somewhere to sort that out though.

8 Likes

This looks great! A few questions:

1. What are you using as the flat panel immediately above the keyboard stand, and is it stable?

2. What are you using to hold the higher machines in place?

Is this an all-in-one stand, basically, or have you added bits to it?

This 1x1m area of cupboard and floor space is the only bit of the house which is mine (in the utility room - pausing washing machine when playing). Children have taken over everywhere else :sob:

Anyway, OT and DN and unused Circuit Monostation somewhere else. Kordbot hiding on the sliding shelf.

On another note, I would like to buy a midi controllable reverb and delay unit to use as send effect for OT. Been thinking about the Alesis Wedge for cheap slider action - has anyone any other suggestions?

16 Likes

Hi!
Take a look at the zoia. It has control with external midi, and is a “eierlegende Wollmilchsau” - you can custimize it like youhaven’tseenthat. I’m going get one.

Nice cupboard studio! I’ve been thinking about doing something similar.

Nice little hideaway there.
How do you like the Kordbot? I was on the list to get one but pulled out due to bills. Might get one at some point.

Thanks.

The stand is a " K&M 18990 Rick" with a K&M 18941 attachment. There are two simple wooden boards laying on the stand. On the lower (above the Keystep, for DN and OT) there is a small stand which I’ve build myself from wood and metal. It is stable enough for me. I can add a photo later.

Edit: A4 and AR on the top are staying on the wood with the little pins from the attachment stable enough at that angle.

1 Like

Love minimal setups like this, did you install the shelf’s like that?

Kordbot is cool, I use it mainly for the keyboard traditionally and arp, which is better than DN or OT’s. It is nice to search through chords to find some inspiration, but it eats the DN’s voices quickly, and a lot of the chords do not seem to fit well the style of music I like - but I’m sure that is user error. When the step sequencer is good to go, it will be a very very good piece of kit.

1 Like

Finally moved rooms. Eldest son has moved out who was in the garage conversion. Me and my wife fought over who would have it and I won :smiley: for once!!!

Desks are raised quite high so I can produce stood up and the mix sat down. It’s really good as I can move to each instrument a lot quicker now when I’ve got a vibe going as my old space was quite cramped. I couldn’t even stand up.

Recently invested in some patchbays as I’ve love my H9s so want to get some more pedals or desktop effects.

All walls are painted white and at the moment it feels really sterile so I need to invest in some posters to liven things up a bit.

Also toying with the idea of getting some 1210 MK7s when released. Haven’t DJ’d in years but now I’ve more space I might bite the bullet for some casual DJ sessions.

22 Likes

If you ever get divorced, hit me up x

4 Likes