Your setups [ 10k Archive]

How do you get in the middle? Hopefully you have a rotating stool. It’s a nice set up

2 Likes

Thanks,
Space is a bit tight so I have to crawl under the desk, but once in I am good.
I have a cheap Stagg piano stool which is fine for now. A rotating stool sounds like a good idea though.

I’m pretty happy with it all.

2 Likes

Maybe get a bucket and a fridge too? :grin:

4 Likes

This is why I have drum throne :+1:

2 Likes

Yep, might have to get one.

1 Like

Are you secretly Disclosure or Daft Punk? Seriously nice :+1: setup

1 Like

Haha, if only.

18 Likes

39 Likes

I love seeing the turntables out loud and proud.

3 Likes

I’ve streamlined my setup during the past few months, selling some of the stuff.

• Digitakt
  • Digitone
  • Keystep
  • Doepfer low cost case with DPO, Maths and Optomix
  • Adam A5X
  • Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro
  • Motu UltraLite mk4
  • Laptop (not pictured)
21 Likes

Love this minimal setup! Small space but endless possibilities.

1 Like

Oh nice, didn’t expect the Digitone Keys to be available so fast.
Alright, joke is made; how are you using the Eurorack here?

Model:Samples, Arturia Minibrute 2, Modal Skulpt, Arturia Audiofuse and old MacBook Pro running Logic. Also present: Partcaster with aluminium neck, Franken P-Bass, Squier J . Mascis Jazzmaster, and a Yamaha THR-10 amp.

13 Likes

I don’t know if you mean in general or in this particular patch, so I’ll answer both :man_shrugging:

I’m trying to build a Buchla style rack. The DPO is the complex oscillator, Maths the function generator and Optomix the low pass gate. I’m missing a source of uncertainty to complete my initial idea.

In this simple patch the Keystep was sending an arpeggio in random mode, using the Maths Sum and Or outs as a multiple for the gate (I’ll get some stackables soon for multiples), the function generators for slopes of the Optomix and one of the FM inputs in the DPO, mixing two outs in the Optomix and sending them into the Digitone for some reverb.

1 Like

This is a great little setup. And really all you need.

I bet your eurorack ends up growing though :wink:

I’m actually considering selling all my synths and using only DT DN and my Eurorack. But it’s a big decision as I know I’ll lose loads of money selling them with all of the new synths that have come out since.

I just did this exact thing with but with the Octatrack, Digitone, and a huge Eurorack case (Pittsburgh 420).

Best decision I’ve ever made. That plus a 300/month sample subscription on Splice ($14) is the most ideal setup I can imagine. Limitless but I am able to milk all of what I own for what it’s worth.

Yeah I’m still hanging onto my Maschine because I have a ton of great samples that came with it. Otherwise I’d sell that too.

Hmm. I’ll have to think about this a bit more…

I really like the idea of living minimally, but it’s difficult when the entire world is trying to sell you stuff 24/7.

2 Likes

Like I’ve said before, make due with what you have, and if you make it, you can have anything!

I’m not much of an experimenter, I like to compose and finish stuff. The modular will do some bread and butter sounds as well as experimentation and get me out of my comfort zone and then sample it, the Digitone is great for obvious FM sounds, strings, organic orchestral sounds like a tuba, bells, etc… and of course the OT to use those sweet sweet internet samples and arrange the composition / experiment a bit.

It’s truly excellent. Digitakt would work well there as well.

I cant see the top shelf in your picture but could you assemble this desk without installing the speaker ears?
Or will it leave an unfinished area if you dont?
Meaning will it still look okay without them.
Asking because im thinking about purchasing this desk but dont want to ise those speaker shelves.
Heres another stock picture for reference.

3173CDAC-5B26-4550-B96B-F534457EC4B5.jp2 (30.0 KB)