Your setups [ 10k Archive]

25 Likes

There’s around 900 cassettes, 2000 cds and maybe 1500~1700 vinyls in the pic. Haven’t counted them recently, but that’s a fair estimate. Sold my 7” and 12” singles when I quit djing a year ago. Bought more synths with the money.

The shelves for the vinyls are custom made by a carpenter friend and the cd-shelving is Elfa metal chassis and basic sawed mdf-board.

1 Like

11 Likes

This is the bedroom my partner and I turned into our art studio. All of her supplies and tools are along the walls, and my instruments fit onto a small table I pull out to the middle of the room when I want to work in there.
I use one ak track for the digitakt for playable filter sweeps, the analog overdrive, etc.
I have one ak track hooked up to a contact microphone taped to the ak itself that I can drum with acoustically. I use the ak’s delay to loop the contact mic too.
I use the other two tracks as mono synths :smile:
Speaker placement isn’t ideal, had to move them angled up more simply because they were in my partner’s way.
I usually stand and play.

My birthday is coming up, got any ideas for gear I need? My partner needs ideas, and I’m fresh out, I feel covered.

12 Likes

I would say some acoustic treatment?

IMG_0583

29 Likes

Nice setup!

1 Like

I replaced my Digitakt with a Digitone I am much happier.

9 Likes

T3 <3 def a monster

is that tonelux mixer you have there? i almost went that route when i had some cash pre-2008. so customizable. it’s a bummer he doesn’t make them anymore but i think the market changed or something. probably an intense time consuming series of products to build/support.

i bet it sounds great though ay?

It is a Tonelux console. Paul is a friend of mine, and I pieced it together over a couple years starting in 2008. He ended up selling the company to a distributor who dropped the console modules and just did the 500 and rack stuff. Paul has a new company though, and is making modular consoles once again.

IMG_0584

13 Likes

I didn’t like what I share first. This is my poor setup:) I know I need couple of studio monitors :slight_smile:

9 Likes

oh wow. didn’t know he sold the company. didn’t he design his own opamp or whatever? usually characterized as his version of the API 2520? if so i’m guessing he made a new one?

what’s his new company called?

This is his new company:

Fix Audio Designs

1 Like

Just got my second Elektron box, here’s my rig now:

22 Likes

Sweeeet. How’s that Neutron? I’m eying one up for later next month…

(Does it come with patch / MIDI cables or do you need to get those separately?)

The Neutron has an incredible bang/buck ratio, and not just because it’s cheap. That thing’s got bang :stuck_out_tongue:
I love to use the second oscillator for modulation. The build quality is very good. Having a patch bay on the side is genius compared to the spaghetti nightmare that a modular is (and I know, I have a 12U too).

Only (very) minor con: the update procedure was a bit of a mess.

I don’t know about the cables, I bought it second hand (230€) and it came without cables but maybe there are some when you buy it new. My cables are braided, they come from ginko synthese. I replaced the knobs with roland aira knobs, because I prefer them.

My hotel room aka middle of no where setup:

15 Likes

That’s my desert island setup too. What interface is that on the right?

Roland Duo Capture EX not super sexy, but it manages to make itself useful in a variety of situations. I think it sounds better than my big Scarlett as well, hard to describe but I feel the Scarlett sounds rounded. Where the duo has a bit more bite to it.

Not as good latency as the Scarlett.

It takes AAs woot!