Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Yeah it is s supa dupa custom table.
Nah, it’s a 30€ wallpapering table. Does the trick and fits into the atmosphere

6 Likes

damn! lucky you!
My only wish in life is to have a space were I can be as loud I want

2 Likes

I dreamed of such a room for years. These bunker rooms rarely pop up for rent. I still can’t believe it’s within a 15min walk distance from my flat. Buy some drinks, enjoy the evening in the bunker. Perfect

7 Likes

So cool! Where is it?

1 Like

Oh jeez. That’s just awesome.

2 Likes

Looks like a boiler room tv setup. Nice man

2 Likes

didn’t know they did nice hardwood floors for the war :wink:

sick spot! how very BoC.
that place looks amazing.

2 Likes

Can I come too?

1 Like

Oh wow. So you have to give us details on this amazing location.

1 Like

The military needed all the hard wood flooring, which is why it was rationed to the citizens. You could of course acquire some soft wood flooring on the black market if you knew where to look though. :grin:

This is insane! Stock up on food and water and supplies and never leave for weeks! :drooling_face:

1 Like

You could really use a war room map and those little sticks to push your troops and tanks around with. :wink:

2 Likes

It’s in the ruhrarea in Germany. Essen is the name of the town.

1 Like

You’re welcome!

1 Like

Like most (I guess) I am really fascinated and afraid of these shelters at the same time.
This one was built in 1940 as part of the nazi “sofortschutzprogramm”. during the (do I have to say “first”?) cold war it has been partly transformed into a nuclear bomb shelter to take about 1500persons. The whole building was sold for about 100.000€ to a privateer.
Because of the not yet completed transformation for nuclear weapons its status is “protected heritage” to remember those fucked up times.
This means you are not allowed to do big changes to the building.
The buyer transformed the building into a place where musicians of all kinds can do their thing. Some are professionals others only hobbyist. First day I met a blues rock cover band and a vocal coach. Man I love meeting up with music guys. Flashback to growing up.

Edit: if this was your question.

I’ll keep you updated on the progress

12 Likes

This is my current set up and it’s the only one where I feel like I’m not missing anything…

6 Likes

Well we have a fucking winner!

8 Likes

Changed my working space to the en suite part of my living room. Smaller, but now my living room is more of a living room.

27 Likes

That’s fascinating and very cool to have a historic spot like that. We don’t see bunkers come up for sale/rent in the US but we do see missile silos/bases from time to time. I always thought it would be cool to occupy one of those former nuclear missile silos but the prices have jumped. There are issues with the missile bases too, such as clean up and maintenance of the space. Some of the sites I’ve seen are massive at 60,000 sq ft/5600 sq m and I shudder to think of the cost to power such a facility. Another downside with the missile bases is that many have been polluted by very nasty rocket fuel and various solvents. Clean up isn’t for the faint of heart with a light wallet. You’re fortunate to not have to deal with that nonsense.

I think it’s good that we have these memorials to remind us all of the utter pointlessness and wastefulness of war. Cheers to you and best of luck in shaping it into a productive place for your projects.

6 Likes

Exactly!
Off-topic: if some guys of you visit Germany I can strongly recommend to visit the “Dokumentationsstelle Regierungsbunker” near Bonn / Cologne. It was a frightening and impressive experience

2 Likes