Your setups [ 10k Archive]

It looks perfect the way it is to me. I love the MPC on the stand like that.

Get shorter cables

3 Likes

Sorry, couldn’t resist.
But what worked for me was getting one of those “sit-stand” flexing stools, which made it easier to work with my synths stacked on top of each other rather than side by side.
But it’d be a shame to block out that window you have.

if you duct tape some broomsticks to your arms…

:wink:

also thinking it looks good. your stool has wheels. just push around. i think your speakers might be too close together though.

1 Like

Nope you are “spoiled” from bad basics, get a proper square table in a decent size that will give you room to place all your gear next to each other say on the left side of the room. Perhaps buy a elektron stand or even cheaper a IKEA mosslanda picture shelf, Its a perfect fit for your elektrons to sit in with a nice angle.

1 Like

the brain & the spare brain

7 Likes

That really is a ton of cool gear in a tiny space. So compact and efficient.
How do you like the DE-200 delays?

1 Like

Cheers @Nils!
It’s taken a while to hit that goal and I’ve gone through massive amounts of experimentation to get there. It’s all been fun (even the sleepless nights of how and where to route what.)

The old delay is glorious. The 12bit encoders really dirt up the sound and I love the fact that there are two different knobs for the dry signal and delay signal.

1 Like

Cool! I’m keeping my eyes open for one of those, but they don’t turn up very often over here.

lol i just realized how dusty my desk is

digitakt > overbridge > ableton, mother is line in thru my old ass MOTU interface

4 Likes

Do you have any other ROMS in either of those EMU bad boys?

well, yes and no.
in XL-7, i have X-Lead 1, and in MP-7, i have Mo’Phatt and rare X-Lead v2 (which is basically X-Lead 1 with additional 5th bank).

for my applications (psy/goa trance & electro industrial), i would be happy even with X-Lead only, but of course i don’t mind adding more. not only TSCY & Beat Garden (that’s obvious), but also B-3 (hammond is underestimated in current electronic music), Vintage Pro, and Protean Drums (since i’m a drummer).

Mo’Phatt surprised me, i was sceptical about it, but it has a lot of excellent basses and percussions.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply.
Yeah the MoPhat has some great sounds. Never managed to get the Protean Drums or the Vintage Roms but seriously if you find the Ethnic Rom (sorry I forget the name now) you should get it for sure, it’s absolutely stunning and obviously has a healthy amount of samples to add to the sound design.
I still have a Virtuoso with a Lead and (you guessed it) the Ethnic roms.
I had the MoPhat command centre but sold it way back now.
Great sounds though on most of the Emus, and I particularly liked the sequencer on them, the retrig/rolls and the bank of knobs was just astounding, obviously on the relevant models.
Enjoy man!

EDIT
World Expedition is the name of the Rom :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

sequencer was the 1st reason why i interested in Command Stations. i’m a great fan of Yamaha RM1x, which has even better sequencer, but Command Stations are superior in sound and have multiple audio outputs (which is very handy for live mixing & multitrack recording). so Command Station became my primary workhorse.

1 Like

New control room :slight_smile:
Acoustic DIY (mineral woll)
and Sonarworks reference FTW

38 Likes

Really cool setup! Wow, I’ve never seen the AR & A4 MKII in person… so I had no idea they were that huge! I own the MKIs and an OT MKII and seeing the new ones next the OT sure puts everything in perspective.

1 Like

Yes they are ridiculous in size

3 Likes

Thanks @AlmaxMere!
Yes the new MKII are big, not so good for mobile setup, but perfect size for studio.

1 Like

Not really a setup shot but I am sooo happy to finally have a dedicated room rented in a ww2 Bunker.
Great vibes for industrial techno.
Will take some time to do acoustic treatment but as I have to move it is perfect to “store” my toys.

79 Likes

holyyyy. where did you get that table? custom?

1 Like