Your setups [ 10k Archive]

@chaocrator: I’d love to hear more about your experience with the XL-7; perhaps simply PM-ing you about this would be more suitable. hmm. Really dig the shots tho :slight_smile:

@VanillaSun: I must ask – what on earth happened to the AR? :rofl:

feel free to PM, but to put it in 3 words — it just rocks.
i even planning to buy a spare unit next week.

Not lusting after any music making tools so I’ve been working primarily on improving my signal chain and getting some utilitarian aspects of my space sorted :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Came to South East Asia for a few months and that’s all the gear I kept. Originally I was planning the OT instead of the DT but the unit I received had a faulty card reader and I had to return it. Faith did not want us to be together again.

10 Likes

People think that synths and drum machines are expensive. If you fall into the world of buying high end recording equipment (mics, preamps, etc) then you really start to spend big money. I have microphones that cost more than my entire synth collection.

2 Likes

Im SO down with this. Synths are synths…whatever. But a rack of shit that makes stuff sound good…THATS tite!

Sick rack!

Well, I love synths, but yeah, I’m more than good with the tools for awhile. To your point though, this stuff matters. Monitoring even moreso than this signal processing stuff.

2 Likes

Re: synth…i just mean in this day of the synth sounding like all synth. Companies trying to make the do it all synths.

But but rack of solid processing is sweet!

Love the 1973

like thisDSCN1644

3 Likes

Yeah, my hope is that when I get back to more traditional zones, it’ll really help to dial in a nice kick. I recorded the Party Knüllers+Jaimie Branch set here in Louisville a week ago with a pair of LOMs and ran it through some of this and it sounded great. Lots of exploration to do to dial in the zones though of course.

they are a great. gives you much more control over those tiny knobs. it can make you nudge a near by knob by mistake though. they are from thonk, real easy to fit.

MD is for life :slight_smile:
I have a digitakt if i feel like sampling. this is just my current noodling rig.

2 Likes

Is this your build?

I love Rogan knobs. :slight_smile:

I need something like this did you make it?

yes i did it :2operator 1flexwave Stroh pcb DSCN1647

4 Likes

I’m thinking about getting a dedicated headphone amp myself. Just out of curiosity, how would you connect the amp to your setup here? Do you notice any big change in sound with the amp vs. no amp?
Usually I listen to the main mix through the headphone out of my small Mackie mixer. But lately I’ve been noticing a noisefloor that’s significantly higher than on the main outputs, I fear it might even influence some of my treble mixing decisions.

Nice!! I bet that’s FM insanity! :smiley: Actually I have played that combination before, when I had two builds for people completed at the same time. I’d like to get back to designing PCBs again, but I’ve been a little burned out for a bit (day job, family, etc. come first) so I’ve put it aside for a bit. Hopefully I’ll be at it again sometime in the near future though.

Nice build!

I need plants and colorful fabric.

1 Like

What is that flat keyboard? Not the apple one.