Your setups [ 10k Archive]

I love how much gear in this photo is new, but is based on vintage gear. excellent choices these days!

aye! The Two Voice is obviously the recent re-issue, as is the Odyssey. The TR-505 is the only bit of older gear there. There is however, a 1962 Fender Jaguar just out of shot; definitely prefer the oldies in that respect.

Why does it have to be portable?
Record yourself playing drums.
Now drums are in sampler.
Take the sampler with you.

Drum first. Finger drum later!

2 Likes

17 Likes

MPC 1000, 2500, 500, you have the whole family! :smile:

1 Like

hehe it wasn’t on purpose!
I started with the 1000. Sold it to my brother & got the 2500. Then I got the 500… love the MPC workflow… love portable gear & love that I can work on the same projects (make a beat on the 500 while I’m out, put the memory card in the 2500 when I get home & finish the project).

My brother got a Maschine Studio & completely stopped using the 1000. I sold it to him for cheap…really cheap… so I bought it back. I plan on selling 1 or 2 of the MPC’s & getting an Octatrack.

1 Like

Very nice to see a turntable in the setup!
Been thinking about getting into that myself, how do you use it?

Getting set up in the new apt.

34 Likes

Lovely space to make music, that

Join the Octatrack dark side! You have quite the mix of stuff there – including my old particle! :raised_hands:t3: also sporting the Wu Tang sticker on the laptop :open_hands:t3:

1 Like

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaah. This whole image appeals to me. The clean room, nice sunlight coming in from the doors, wood floors, amazing art on the wall. Where in the world is this? My inner fantasy wants it to be New York City. Sorry if that post is off the deep end. You put together quite the scene here.

1 Like

Do you have a piece of gear from a Tribe live rig or did you just put a sticker on there or something? Looks spray painted like they do for real touring rigs :slight_smile:

1 Like

2600 gets a new companion.

23 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

I actually have 5 turntables :open_mouth:

The 1 in the picture is used for sampling (I sample A LOT of records).
I use it for simple scratches as well.

I have 2 other turntables I’m going to set up in “dj fashion” (my brother just moved out so I finally have enough room!!)

& the other 2 I still have because they are my first turntables… I got them 22 years ago, so I guess sentimental value. I want to turn them into wall art :sunglasses:

2 Likes

New addition to the family: a last iteration (2012) Machinedrum (thanks to @defenestration for selling me on it) . I still say screw those MKIIs. :smiley:

21 Likes

So much symmetry… to then offset the keystep :grimacing:

11 Likes

I love this thread

8 Likes

Beautiful setups! :aw:

1 Like

Are you using an amp with your Sennheiser’s?