Your setups [ 10k Archive]

this is pretty much what i’m approaching to. will replace my dt with dn soon, given i have 0-coast, an ot and op1, our setups are almost twins!

How are you enjoying the Erica sequencer?

Nice! But being curious, why routing the audio from the DN to the DT? I thought that audio from DT to DN is more logical, because of using the effects of the DN. Or am I wrong about that?

I added a deepmind 12 so here is the new shot of my gear

4 Likes

I really love it. I had a DT before I decided to go full modular and to me the Erica Sequencer is up to par. The 16 trigger come in handy and allow to control the entire system; definitely not just drum modules. It’s very tactile and easy to navigate, and it is updated quite often (to iron the few early bugs and also add features - song mode is in beta right now).

1 Like

It is for sampling the DN, also the DT has the compressor.

1 Like

Do the external inputs go thru the compressor? How’d I miss this?!?

Looking good man. Nice clear pic too. Whats are you putting into the pamelas? Thinking of getting one? Can you trigger oscillators with it?

1 Like

No, it does not it seems, just tested it.
I made a quick test yesterday with a Behringer Neutron feeding in to DT, must have been my patch on the neutron that had a perfect ducking effect :weary:

1 Like

I got my first pair of good monitors this year (a used pair of Dynaudio BM6a monitors) and my advice is not to skimp if possible, and consider going used to get the most for your money. Having a good pair of monitors has changed everything for me. I love listening to music through them, I play guitar and bass through them, and of course use them for recording/mixing. Best music gear purchase I have made in a long time (plus they look badass).

2 Likes

Agreed! A nice set of monitors makes life better!
I have a set of Focal Alpha 8’s I’m very fond of and would like to add something a bit smaller for final mixes, not that the Alphas don’t work, but I wouldn’t mind something a bit smaller/tighter. BM6a’s are terrific

2 Likes

Thank you ! I use Pamela to trigger event around, mostly with random or enveloppes : timbre in oscillators/filters, FX CV etc… You can trigger anything that can be triggered with it. You don’t really trigger oscillators though, except if they are a full voice (with VCA/Enveloppe included, something like Manis/Basimilus Iteritas for example), but you could trigger and enveloppe that would open a VCA to let the sound of the oscillator pass through. All in all it’s a very very useful module that can do a lot of things. Useful in any system !

1 Like

Trying the OTB setup lately. Can’t say I’m really being too productive with it though. Endless tweaking and loop making is fun and passes the time. But I have trouble writing satisfying longer songs this way. Might be back to the DAW for me in 2019.

Peak hardware 2018:

9 Likes

Jam and record seperate tracks. Then edit in the DAW and basically treat your own jams as sample material. That should do the trick :slight_smile:

5 Likes

OTB completely? that’s gotta be tough with DN and DT having no song mode. personally, I just jam/write OTB and create all my different parts and a basic progression of them (using OT/RYTM/AK pattern mode), then fire up the DAW to record all of those and start fleshing out the details. sometimes you find all new stuff this way, sometimes you abandon an idea not worth taking that far.

works for me, at least.

2 Likes

Hyped on my set up. Also. Gave up on midi sync and I just hit play to sync now. Huge break through

15 Likes

Loops or one shots are money in the sample bank my man!
Never feel guilty about not producing complete tracks.
If there was a gun at your head then maybe worry but otherwise just enjoy it man. A close friend of mine had the block for 7 years. In the end, the loops and sketches he made ended up in new hardware and lit his fire once again, now he’s working through the back catalogue and is deep in the wormhole. Not seen him in months!
But, whatever makes you positive :+1:t3:

Now that I register the time on your screen I see the pressure!!! :joy:

3 Likes

Those shoes remind me of the Pisces fish :crazy_face:

1 Like

:blush: I have too many pairs of Vans. They’re all over my house

1 Like

At least that pair are in the same room!