Your setups [ 10k Archive]

I love the Bassstation 1 <3

Not the best photo, but another re-shuffle of gear and whoops, kind of splashed out on the Neumann KH310A! Just need to sort out some more appropriate stands soon.

I know it’s the kind of thing people say a lot but I listened to some of my favourite tracks by Clark, and noticed things I’ve never heard before in the high frequencies I’ve never noticed before.

Extremely impressed, and personally I much prefer a very flat response for listening for pleasure too. They are incredibly well behaved and accurate and work very well in my small room. No need for a sub anymore either!

EDIT: Just listened to Aphex Twin Syro - Track Syro, there’s a high pitched whine which I can hear in the beginning. Hilarious! Sounds like some of his gear was buzzing un-wantedly! Wow. These are unreal.

EDIT 2: I can hear the pops and clicks of waveforms from synths which get cut off or started where the waveform isn’t at 0 on it’s cycle from his fast sequencing. These things are out of this world in detail. I’m floored, and in awe.

EDIT: 3: I can hear the small nuances in the sequencing like I’ve never heard before. It’s so clear it’s almost like listening to it 4 times slower so that you can hear everything and allow your brain to process it. I’m gushing but these are just amazing.

EDIT4: I can hear the exact amount of processed distortion on every single drum hit and synth jab - Aphex seems to vary that a lot in his sequencing. OK I’ll stop now :wink:

One more pic:

21 Likes

For that price they had better be amazing, and make a mean pumpkin spice latte :slight_smile:
Seriously tho congrats, those are some dream monitors.

1 Like

thats crazy they are so detailed!

2 Likes

I’ve sat listening all day and shaking my head in disbelief. Astounded.

It’s been an education.

2 Likes

A lot of monitor consumers tend to focus on the lower number in the frequency spectrum and often miss the importance of having a clear higher end of the frequency. It makes such a difference.

5 Likes

I’ve got the same monitors, they’re incredible, but do take a little time to get used to. I had Eve SC208’s before and they are really different.

Don’t cover them up!

1 Like

Yes as I said above I will be getting more appropriate stands soon. Today in-fact.

Still haven’t got round to fixing your foot rest?
By the looks of it, you’ll have to hang the monitors from the ceiling.

24 Likes

Finally someone with a pulse 2 :))

1 Like

I’ve had to get creative with positioning. I’ve a Leipzig Sk coming in the next week and nowhere to put it :slight_smile:
Sold the Voyager RME yesterday so no footrest anymore :smile:

Dig this setup. Compact, to the point. Nice place, looks like a sweet spot to work on tunes. Is that an IKEA desk?

1 Like

Love the synth but hate the filter - dial in a tiny bit of res and lose all bass :frowning:

wow where is the computer in this setup? :thinking:

1 Like

Under the plant

3 Likes

computers only really used now for converting the audio files to mp3’s for video editing, it’s on the left hand side out of shot :slight_smile:

4 Likes

i forgot to report back!

yes, the Soma Pipe definitely works as an FX box for any input. I can get better results more quickly running the Rytm or a synth into it than I can with my own voice and the mic, but I love the challenge of having to sing or spit or whatever into the Pipe. it’s the most in-the-machine i’ve ever felt.

2 Likes

had my nice new rytm and digitone + more lifted from my car last week so had to pull out the busted mono octatrack and borrowed an analog four! Can’t wait to be back in rytmland soon though

6 Likes