Your setups [ 10k Archive]

I don’t want to derail this thread, start a argument, or spread any libel, because I may be wrong in my assumptions; but I was keenly interested in the Metasonix D-1000 drum machine for a while, until I saw an interview with Eric Barber wherein he “joked” about being a pedophile, and that was the end of it for me. Now, I understand the man has a reputation for being vulgar and making dirty jokes (the names of his synths certainly leave nothing to the imagination), but there’s nothing funny or excusable about making such a reference, not for shock-value or any other reason. As such, I will never purchase a Metasonix product. Period.

Anyway, sorry for getting so serious, but I just don’t think comments like that should be ignored or forgotten. Hell, I personally curse like a trucker, but it would never occur to me to say such a thing, not by accident or otherwise, not even in my drunkest hour.

Cheers!

9 Likes

11 Likes

And you can sample the splash!

can always count on John for fierce integrity! respect!

1 Like

Pulled my main synth out of the way and packed it up so I could try to focus on two discrete setups that happen to fit in its place. A friend of mine keeps nudging me to more fully develop some ideas that require only the Octatrack. I haven’t played a solo set on the OT alone in a long while, but I may try it again this winter/spring if I can stay on target.

The other setup is a smaller synth case that is intended to be very focused on small group improv and be decidedly more responsive/gestural with that end in mind. I also have the ES8 in there, so I can go back to developing my granular sampler/spectral filter patch I’ve tinkered with a year or more ago. A duo I do with a sound pal named Tim Barnes called mAAs may be revived using this setup and a duo with my friend Jim Marlowe from a weirdo punk band called Tropical Trash on horn may also be explored since we’re both into Braxton and his duos with Richard Teitelbaum. His interest in jazz is deep and, if nothing else, hope that I can nudge him back to more horn playing while he’s not shredding on guitar :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Things have…um… escalated a bit…

20 Likes

If you fit a motor you could remote control this round a venue having the audience tap in a drum pattern or baseline, move to next group. By the time it gets back your work is done, have someone bring you your cape and knee slide stage right.

4 Likes

Your dog seems to think your setup is perfectly chill. :+1:

1 Like

Chances are they’d do a better job of programming than me.

2 Likes

:laughing: looks like a photo advert for analogue solutions gear, rather than a studio!

2 Likes

Beware it’s addictive stuff! I started out with a Treadstone in January and look where I am now. Need to go to rehab :smile:

1 Like

Fortunately for you, the 7506/V6 are still great cans! Mine have lasted at least a decade each thanks to metal parts where they matter the most.

4 Likes

I’ve embraced the dark side and started dabbling with stringed instruments. It started innocently with a 60€ cheapo bass guitar, but then a friend offered me a Squier Strat for 50€ and I was hooked. The latest acquisition is the Boss SY-300 guitar synthesizer which is a lot of fun. Maybe not a great synth but a really fun way to add interesting things to bland guitar/bass. And it syncs to midi clock so it’s good fun to play guitar(synth) along to some Machinedrum beats etc. I got it for exceptionally cheap too.

Also bought a huge second hand amp for my guitars. It is getting out of hand.

13 Likes

Clothed :

Fully naked (NSFW) :

18 Likes

Nice. What Eurorack Case is that?

It is a MLDR case. Excellent build quality, loads of power headers. It’s pretty heavy when loaded but it’s manageable. I use to take the subway with my 7u Intellijel… with this one, not so much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im redoing my setup so have have a gear tetris challenge to make everything a little more compact so i can add another 6 19” units.

14 Likes

31 Likes

Sexy and sleek. The way your Juno looks is amazing

1 Like

I’d be willing to hang onto that Engine for you if it’s getting in the way

1 Like