Your setups [ 10k Archive]

It"s been a long time since I’ve seen a 256. Pretty rad.

1 Like

What’s the model name of that Martin?

This whole “make music flexible” thing is getting out of hand. A quick trip to IKEA and this…

Has turned into this…

All I need now is a zoom h5 and I’ve got a fully mobile performance and recording studio.

18 Likes

Rite on.
Have you sat down yet with that new setup? From that angle it looks like you’ll get a lot of hunch back fatigue.
But if it was very affordable that’s a good find.
Might get something similar.

It’s about coffee table height and my sofa’s pretty low so it feels ok. I can also sit on the floor and play, or in the garden. Or anywhere within reach of a power supply…

It’s a 000-28VS. I got it used for a good price. Perfect acoustic for me. 12 frets to body with long scale neck so it’s quite punchy. I’m a finger picker more than strummer which suits this model. Slotted headstock I really like and pairs with my classical. Very comfortable to play. Has a soft V neck which isn’t for everyone but I don’t even notice it now. It’s far and away the best sounding acoustic I’ve played. Tried a lowden the same day at almost four times the price and preferred the Martin.
My gadget problem is more than matched by my guitar problem.

2 Likes

Temple Audio boards have these adhesive plates that you stick to the back of your pedals / gear. They have a thumb screw (the black ones, one near the right-most power plug, and one out in open space). Due to the rubber feet on the DT/DN, the plates aren’t flush with the board. I wasn’t satisfied with how well they were held in place, so I found some M4 x 10mm thumb-screws (the round, copper-colored bits) on amazon and used one in the VESA mounts on the back of the boxes. I was planning on just using 4 in each box, but, amazingly, the perforations don’t match up to the 100x100 mm pattern that is VESA mounts. I might even contact Temple Audio and let them know, in case they ever feel like revising their design.

So far, I only transport it from our spare bedroom to the couch in the living room, but that’s all I need for now. It’s made of aluminum, so it’s actually lightweight. I’ll post a couple more pictures soon, or a video, with some details.

As for those cables, they are labelled “George L’s” and came with the Digitone as a throw-in from a user on this forum. I haven’t looked up the company yet, but they are nice, flexible and look cool. I’m set on cables for now, otherwise I’d definitely pick a few more up.

1 Like

BOUM !

Now the family is complete. Hope this one will pass the test like BIM and BAM.

10 Likes

Made some changes to the sheds layout:

And the test song to make sure alls synced and good:

24 Likes

Wish they’d do bim & bam in Eurorack format.

This is so cool
It’s like something I would talk about doing, but not do it

1 Like

I’ve a tendency to go all in when I do something. Not always a good thing though: :smile:

But in this case I feel i’m getting full use of all the gear as it is such a versatile setup up with so many different ways for everything to connect and interact. Really enjoying it.

Here’s the view from the captains seat:

I moved the desks back and repositioned the monitors(though Mrs P was not best impressed when she noticed I had taken a load of her cook books :smile: ) I’ve also made a bit more use of the Freebie copy of Izotope 8 Elements I acquired recently in order to improve the sound and give more clarity for those that listen on phones and tablets.

Really want a Qu32 mixer next but that will have to wait for a bit as sadly I don’t have a money tree in my garden.

20 Likes

Eurorack is not the Oto Machines philosophy I’m afraid :confused:

1 Like

Quite a lot of pretty knobs, but…no Elektron gear?

*checks to make sure I’m in the right place

Nope right place, the Overhub is just out of shot, very useful speedy uSB device that it is :slight_smile:
I’ll include it in the next pic so you feel more at home :slight_smile:

•being diplomatic to disguise what I really want to say

To clarify this post the phrase I used is a term of endearment in Northern Ireland. So I was neither suggesting anyone was obese or male in appearance.

Perhaps some of my Northern Ireland compatriots will confirm this

3 Likes

Doing some sound design on the Blofeld for the Waldorf shop whilst waiting for the Quantum to arrive.
Quite like this little setup for now.

2 Likes

Hello guys, this is my setup

95 Likes

This would be an incredibly productive set up for me.

9 Likes

no interuptions ever

6 Likes

Note to self not to buy gear from you :joy:

12 Likes