Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Long time listener…first time caller. I sold my Octatrack mkI after I left my band last year, but realized soon after that it was a big mistake. Just upgraded to an mkII, and it quickly has made new friends with the DFAM, Rev2, Monologue and trusty MC-202 :grinning:

23 Likes

Putting it here for archiving purposes :slight_smile: My old living room corner studio 4 years ago. Ignore the speakers, they were not used much, it used to be pure headphones production (new born kids in da haus at that time). 80% of that stuff is gone, only essentials like OT, Atari ST, E6400 Ultra and MIDI patchbays remained from this setup.

8 Likes

Not yet. I want the half size version, which is ~$3,300.

As others have said, the Continuum is far more than a midi controller, but even if it was just a midi controller, it is the best controller for what it does. I don’t know of any other controller that allows for such an accurate and expressive method of play. It is not just a controller but an instrument, one you have to learn and practice. There are other MPE implementations out there, but in my experience (and I’ve tried almost all of them) the Continuum just feels the best. From the first time you try one, and your finger sinks into the plane, and you hear sound perfectly accurate to your pressure, position, roll, yaw, etc. you just know nothing is sonically locked to you anymore. You want to play your synth like a guitar, an oboe, violin? Go for it!

That is the real power of the Continuum. Being able to use it to control any synth is just a natural progression of its abilities.

The built in sound capabilities are pretty limitless as it is, but being able to control a modular with it… just gives me tingles. YMMV. :+1:

2 Likes

:raised_hands:

Pedals literally are the new eurorack :joy:

1 Like

23 Likes

I love that table. Did you build it?

1 Like

Hi, nice setup.
Just wondering what the monitors are with the 2 x 5"?/6"? Mid/bass drivers? I’m going to be after some monitors about that size soon.
Cheers

Dude!
Pedals are like crack, I can’t get enough of them!

2 Likes

I love it too!

Edit: I also love your bear.

Thanks! No, I didn’t build it. I found it on overstock.com for fairly cheap. I like the “rustic industrial” look of it.

1 Like

Ha, thanks! I actually bought the bear for my daughter, but she insists that I put it on top of the monitor for “good luck” while I’m composing :joy:

1 Like

Same. I love raw materials in interior design.

I like the different AnCo records on display

Thanks! The monitors are the Focal Twin6 be.
For full info on their website: https://www.focal.com/en/pro-audio/monitoring-speakers/sm6/monitoring-speakers/twin6-be

man that’s deep!

1 Like

AnCo are the best :slightly_smiling_face:
I think seeing Panda Bear using octatracks got me into electron gear in the first place!

Cheers, will look into them. :+1:t3:

Don’t use pedals as much but I’ve been plugging my synths and drum machines into my boss BR864 ages ago. the other day I was plugging my synths into guitar rig. I totally understand why a guitar player wants to be heard in the mix !

I spy madvillain LP. You’re good in my book (think Kurt Russell in death proof) what’s that beatbox on the center console area?

1 Like