Your setups [ 10k Archive]

you really have a 5000 bucks MIDI controller in your studio?

The Continuum is far more than a MIDI controller. That is actually secondary and most players don’t use it for that.

Bought a chinese crappy-ass bass guitar for 60 euros at a fleamarket and had it serviced, fixed and tuned for another 60.

What I didn’t realize was that it opened the gassy gates of hell. Since buying the bass, I’ve bought an Analog Drive and an Ibanez Echo Shifter for it. The ”cheap bass” has this far cost me a little under 500 euros and I’m eyeing for more pedals all the time. Oh lord! What have I done?

Pedals are my new love. Still need at least a nice reverb and a more modern modelling delay and…

12 Likes

Exactly, I use mine almost exclusively for its internal synth or CV control. I occasionally use it for Kyma (the system for which it was initially designed). I have never once used it as a MIDI controller. Now with MPE advancing, I may, though.

Oh shit. I see my Motu 8A flying out of the window sooner than I thought. That was probably the last Info that I needed. Thanks Augenadler :pray:

1 Like

Well… I guess I have a dark trinity now?

17 Likes

Nice modular case there from PM, does it smell gooood still? :wink:

Yup. I loved the idea of finally having a mixer with a) enough channels b) sliders instead of pots c) solo and mute buttons. But then I ended up getting a soundcard with 16 inputs and don’t really have any need for the mixer anymore. Will keep it anyway. Someday my synthcount will catch up with my soundcard and then it’s good to have 12 extra channels under the table.

2 Likes

THAT is a nice Idea. Has to be a sturdy thing due to weight and cost, though.
I will make a visit to the home store tomorrow.

I was thinking furring strips (3/4" high) underneath 16" on center with 1/2 plywood would work. Also cut the strips in two for each vertical run and leave a gap in middle so cable can be routed horizontal through each channel. Another thought is to leave two gaps in each run, one for audio and the other for power.

Heck yeah, it still smells like wood, even though I roasted a couple modules last week.

1 Like

I have a 360 case and it smells closed, open that beauty up and it engulfs the room…
I love the smell of modular in the morning!

5 Likes

Know the feeling nothing like the smell of a new Martin

2 Likes

hmm, I don’t know that one, but my dad and one of my friends had a few Gibsons, and they had a special and long lasting smell.

1 Like

What are the round things atop the monitors?

Pedals are the new eurorack. For synth-heads. Guitar and bass players have been on the pedal GAS for ages. I sold all my eurorack and ended up buying 3 or 4 pedals. Once the stereo particle comes out, that’s it, I’m done! Which reminds me, I still owe this thread a shot of my setup. I’ll get one up soon.

4 Likes

Well I sure hope more folks come around to the way of the pedal :wink:

4 Likes

After several years setting up a tracking/mixing project studio with guitar gear, I took an interest in synths about 3 years ago.

Seen here is my current synth acquisition (the GrandMother just displaced where the Elektron’s were).
Still working on connectivity solutions (just-in-time/permanent) maybe with a patchbay.
My guess is that OB won’t be ready til mid 2019, so the Elektrons will have to be utilised discretely without a DAW. :unamused:

Synths

Tracking/Mixing

Guitar corner

21 Likes

Well, if you keep doing what you’re doing, we’ll have to start a sub-forum for pedals here! :+1::+1:

Heh. Believe it or not, they’re small surveillance cameras from the nineties. They have infamously bad quality picture with all kinds of VHS-style artefacts and shaky picture. They’re hooked up to the small CRT-monitor which is hooked to one of my USB-ports.

Basically I have a two camera system that’s always ready to record my synth noodling and they shoot in instant-Jexus-quality without the need to do the effects afterwards in software. The Monitor is capable of supporting four similar cameras (Always looking for them in the fleamarkets.) and a friend of mine who’s handy in electronics promised me to build a device that puts the cameras in midi sync with my sequencer. That would be beautiful.

3 Likes