Your setups [ 10k Archive]

nice - 2 different complimentary samplers. Do you use the OT as more of an fx unit?

Yes, get the foam pads! They are an absolute necessity! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I spend considerably more time researching and lusting after gear online and rearranging my studio than making actual music.

I think you win the largest speakers award

2 Likes

I use the OT as a “Super Mixer” utilizing most of its capabilities except making beats. I leave that job for the MPC, and shooting off one shot samples. The AK and MT are used for melody, chords and bass.

You’re right about that.

I have some studio monitors as well, but when I’m actually playing, I like to hear what it sounds like through an actual PA system, so I know what it will sound like at gigs. The Elektron machines and the Moog Minotaur move some serious air through those speakers. They really really thump.

1 Like

It is an old MC303. I use it as a source for sounds. It has a great selection of old Roland drum machine sounds in it.

Nice. Did you build the stand that holds the elektrons on the right, or is that something commercially available?

Temporary setup while my other stuff clears customs…

4 Likes

The cockpit to my sonic universe and current setup. Probably going to add a Haken Continuum in the near future. Disregard the crappy PC speaker. That belongs to the workstation behind this.

26 Likes

One of the best purchases I’ve ever made. I waffled for years - I’d wanted one since well before it had a built-in synth (back then it was merely a controller for Kyma). Few instruments have been as inspiring to me.

4 Likes

Looks awesome!!! A place of discovery :slight_smile:
How do you like that Roli Seaboard?

I’ve owned just about every Roland drum machine over the years so I’m very familiar with what they’re supposed to sound like. When I got the MC303 I was very surprised to hear what a good job they did of replicating those sounds.

2 Likes

Sunday evening Setup

15 Likes

Nice Mutable selection :+1:t3:

Sweet gear!
Have you tried making your setup more ergonomic? Tilting the gear in the back, and resting it higher works wonders!

Oh yeah! Just looking for a good stand or two. The stands would also help free up some space. A win-win. :+1:

I think the seaboard blocks are great. I’m leaning towards the continuum though because I just feel like while the seaboard does all the things it promises and is great, the continuum just allows for far more control in much the same way an acoustic instrument would.

I got to try one out for the first time at Superbooth this year and it was amazing. So the Roli’s a good, but the Continuum is just next level. At least that’s what I have experienced.

1 Like

Does that mean that there are some firmware updates lurking around the corner for the pulse2 and the blofeld?

1 Like