Your setups [ 10k Archive]

My Little Chaos room:

16 Likes

Eagerly awaiting the arrival of my two-tier stand. That will hopefully reduce some of the clutter and make more room for more synths. Now I just need to figure out which elektron boxes to put in the stand and in what order :thinking:

10 Likes

2x ableton push?

Worked my butt off the last couple of weeks to redo my studio. Very happy with the result. Everything sounds so detailed now. It’s like I I have a new pair of speakers. :slight_smile:
Built 9 of my own bass absorbers as well (aren’t all visible on this picture, you can see two of them in the front corners on the ground) Recorded a lot of videos on the proces. Will edit it into a YouTube video down the line.

20 Likes

Just to follow up on this because I was pretty sure I was correct with my speaker placement, here’s the note from the manual; they were set up correctly :wink:

1 Like

Ooh that is pretty much my dream setup. I’ve got the A4, DT, DN and MD but have started having … thoughts … about an OT. Do you find much use with both the DT and OT together?

I’m imagining them complimenting each other quite well, the DT is so much fun for drums etc but I’d love to be able to create more mangled atmospheric sample based stuff without the computer and the DT isn’t great for this, especially with the lack of stereo.

Also kind of want an 0-coast but I really should stick with what I have for a while!

1 Like

Hi! well, not really playing together OT and DT… OT I use all the time, you can do so much things with it!..DT just for some beats or working on some sounds. I prefer OT+RYTM couple…I love performance pads and really like the “Kit” system of the analogs…good stuff for live situation or working across different patterns.

2 Likes

Thanks, yeah I wish the kit system was switchable as an option. Sometimes I like the way the Digi do it as it is more immediate and less mental overhead but kits make sense if you are using more than 1 pattern per song.

1 Like

Oh man, it’s me that has it wrong! I apologize.

Thanks for the follow up, I’ll correct it tonight.

Load kits 1-128 to patterns 1-128 respectively…
Save as template… :smiley:

2 Likes

Ah yeah sorry, I meant the other way round - sometimes on Digitakt/tone it’d be nice to break the kit-pattern coupling

2 Likes

Hey Dave,
would you like to share how you use the AH? From the main outs of the DB4 to the Heat? Thanks man!

1 Like

haha I don’t think it matters too much in my completely untreated room with flat wood panel walls! Don’t tell anybody I do the majority of my mixing in headphones anyway :smiley:

I’m actually transitioning to a slightly different workflow. Currently I use the AH on the master output indeed. But I originally bought it to compress the master output a little. Now that DT has its own master compressor I’m actually thinking of using the AH on one of the DT’s and use it more as an effect.

2 Likes

Awesome setup. Loving all the OCD labelling - I’d do the same. :wink:

Thanks, I’m a bit of a perfectionist with certain things - if I don’t have stuff labelled and neat I tend to subconsciously avoid using it, its pretty weird :crazy_face: plus it makes it easy to manage and reconfigure especially the patchbays, I couldn’t not have them labelled really.

1 Like

How did you mount those wooden side panels to the MKII ?

oh… i was able to find out :wink:

1 Like

Are you happy with the BAM reverb? I just can’t seem to start loving its muffled character.
Then again it’s a decent additional alternative to the BigSky, which sounds too metallish-bright :slight_smile: