Your setups [ 10k Archive]

I have a 10in 10out DACs midi patchbay which is connected to the Elektrons, SP16, Squarp Pyramid, etc. and to a bunch of thru boxes (3x 6way, 1x 8way) which have the other synths connected, the DACs patchbay is great because it allows you to patch midi using 1/4” patch cords, so it is very quick and simple to reroute. The hardest part was to figure out which gear to group on the thru boxes to eliminate channel clashes and things like midi clock and physical location of the gear, but I think I ended up with the most flexible compromise that I could get most things talking to eachother. So I might want to use the Pyramid to sequence the boutique polys, the Digitakt to sync to Pyramid and sequence the modular stuff, and so on, I can set anything as master and have all the other stuff sync to it. The patchbay is essential as it has 2 outs and a thru for each of the 10 connected devices.

Here is the midi routing scheme:

6 Likes

Looks like a lovely space, what about getting a proper chair though? I only ask cause I care!

1 Like

Awesome. I’m going to check out the patchbay. I recently got the iconnectivity mio10 but I’m thinking I may need more flexibility.

1 Like

A chair would not really fit in there, it was quite a job to find a suitable stool, it is a standing stool so it can be used either sitting or standing:

8 Likes

that stool is awesome

1 Like

It is more comfortable than it looks, plus you can bop about on it without getting up :smile:

2 Likes

i could only find knock-offs here in the states… but i ordered one. that looks way better than my current stool situation.

…also, ‘Stool Situation’ is one of those nice and shitty band names. i would play bass

5 Likes

A lot of knobs and buttons… but you forgot to show us what is on a ceiling :grinning:

1 Like

Red screens for the tone and takt?

Can you post more details? Awesome setup!

1 Like

This is my setup.

21 Likes

Sure, I just used opaque red OHP film cut to size, it just slides in under the glass above the Oled, here is a closeup of how it looks:

2 Likes

I was looking for this stool for some time but didn’t find any retailer in Germany. Do you know where to get it?

1 Like

Look at sanimpuls sanitätshaus, they should have it. Or officediscount

2 Likes

I use a drum throne, but now I want that sit-stand stool!

2 Likes

Quick scan around - my butt never left the stool :grin:

Fly by

3 Likes

Yeah as @Augenadler said try office furniture outlets, in the UK prices seem to vary the RRP is £183 but I got mine for about £85.

1 Like

Just seen your fly by. Wet panties.

Measured power intake? As this is really an impressive amount of blinking stuff, I wonder.

1 Like

I was looking at this admiring your setup but my wife said, nice windows, and nice weather :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks. I estimate it all at about 300watts, quite an insane amount of power strips though, and I have it all powered up by a remote control. :black_square_button:

1 Like

Decent surge protection, i hope? Would recommend a double inline UPS, so the stuff always runs on battery and not grid power.
Really affordable for your setup, about 500VA should fit.