Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Yeah those encoders are just genius and the G2 looks like a slab that could control a whole room of gear.
At least it still works as an Engine though, expanded being the bonus…
You have inspired me to whip my Engine out (oo er!) and get building again.
I made so many multi slot patches that interacted methodically but I’ve forgotten how I did most of it!

Enjoy your newly cabled room of delight anyways :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Woohoo! Finally finished my setup, really happy with how it turned out, it has been a long road but for now it is finished, all cabled, patchbayed, labelled. The room is very small roughly 6ft5” wide by 8ft long, I can reach most of the gear from the stool so it is pretty nice for bijou and cosy jams :wink:

63 Likes

What are those three boxes above the Digitakt and Digitone?

Cyclone TT303/606/78

Ha, good eye, unfortunately though it is the modern re-issue not the MB original, still gotta love Bigtrak :grin:

2 Likes

jesus some of these setups are insane.

4 Likes

You’re speaker placement is wrong :smirk:

3 Likes

:grin: They actually look wrong in the pic, but they are at head height and an equilateral triangle to the mixing position which is the best I can do in this tiny room, they are only 5” drivers and front ported, no sub, and switches on the back set to close to wall position. I was surprised how well they sound in the room, but I did spend a lot of time designing it to mitigate as much as is possible any huge modes.

2 Likes

No bass trap ? :smile:
OTO Boum ordered ?

1 Like

I like that blue piece of gear you’ve obviously stolen from the Millennium Falcon. But only 2 TBs? I always thought it had T B 3…

1 Like

Love the small room. Very cosy. I like to have everything within reach as well. Dialing in all the shelving and tiers must have taken ages! Nice work.

Boggles my mind how people can learn and utilize all these different user interfaces and operating systems and button combos and menus. I can’t do it. Stresses me out even thinking about it. But kudos to those who can handle it - vast amounts of sonic power in there.

Curious as to what your all-time top 3 most fun boxes are in there. I’m going to guess 303 (or a reasonable facsimile) is on that list.

Yes, it’s called my head :joy:

Nah, I got bored waiting so I gave Heat a second chance, glad I did though :wink:

It’s the hyper light drive controller - Han left it to me in his will :joy:
There are 2 TB-03 and one TT-303, and some other acid boxen stowed away in the smugglers compartment :wink:

Thanks! Yes it was a bit tricky, I made everything except for the desk, lots of trips to DIY depots buying bolts, brackets, shelving and so on, pretty much everything has rear access otherwise cabling would have been impossible, it all took about 2 years, about 18 months of head scratching and 6 months of work :rofl:

Well I don’t use a DAW so that part of my brain is free for simpler stuff :wink: I’d never use everything all at the same time in one track, but I like to do have lots of different patterns playing and mix with them like a DJ approach.

Yeah 303, 808 and other simple stuff are what I find the most fun, although I enjoy using everything I kept, the SP16 is probably the one I’m least familiar with because I have not used it much yet, but I can tell it will be ok as it is pretty simple.

4 Likes

I was playing on all the naysayers about speaker placement. Room looks like a load of fun, where ever the speakers might be.

1 Like

Hah, well you got me because I did think they look a bit weird in the pics :thup:

Very nice layed out! Pls do us a little video tour?

1 Like

Sure, I’ll do a instagram video tomorrow.

2 Likes

Well done. :laughing:

bugbrand stuff sounds so good. nice rig

3 Likes

Buck Rogers couldn’t get his head around that lot…

2 Likes

Wow are you in a Weyland Yatami designed studio:grinning:

1 Like

Very nice! How have you handled midi with this setup?

2 Likes