Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Are those molds of your ears ? Nice!

4 Likes

Ok, guys. Im so sorry to make noise here about stupid and waste sound treatment of your rooms

1 Like

If you want to talk about treatments specifically, just start a new thread instead of bringing argument into a photos thread.

9 Likes

Me too! AKG and Grados here. AKG for mixing (against monitors) and Grado for something with a bit more color.

:thinking:

1 Like

what’s above your A4?

Guinguin MME minimoog euro clone and it sounds really great, it is my bass machine.

I mainly use the A4 as a utility box, midi/cv converter/sequencer or if i need a drum sound(s) or pad or anything in between.

1 Like

The middle panel is a foilface from 79 and I believe the CV-ish panel on the top is from 81.

2 Likes

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Love is the law, love under will.

3 Likes

Dont you have it backwards? Thelamic scum <3 jk dont hurt me (says the guy looking at the the book of the law next to his tao te ching lol)

Edit- this tao te ching is sitting on top of Crowleys translation of the Tao Te Ching (the version that also includes crowleys i ching translation, woot woot).

3 Likes

I’m using the PS1000 too. Love how it sounds.

2 Likes

For anyone with a sub and having nodes/standing waves in your room - try placing it in yo face, set the crossover ABOVE the problem frequency (as far as above its 2nd harmonic) and play with the subwoofer phase. I got me MUCH more even bass now. To set sub volume - reference it to the volume in your cans.

9 Likes

Just a whistle theses days

9 Likes

Awesome setup! Almost exact same setup as me (Trinity + A7X), but I don’t have a sub. How well does the Sub7 pair along with your A7X’s? I’m thinking about getting the Sub10…

These are my monitoring cans for when my missus is home or she’s in bed.

My studio area is in our common space/living room. She’s great about me having my setup so this is my way of being respectful when we are both using the space.

3 Likes

I never turn it up even halfway - see the left dial on the pic. Previously I had it set up so it would just pick up roughly where monitors left off - 50ish hz, but I had serious bass build up even with sub turned off. Setting the crossover very high with correct phase has worked wonders for this placement

1 Like

New studio WIP

2 Likes

I’ve been working completely ITB lately but set up this corner of my room for when I want a change :slight_smile:

10 Likes

It took me two months, but I finally got my new room pretty much set up and cabled. There are a few things left to do (diffusion on the back wall, some foam treatment - the many windows will always be an issue, I’m afraid). And I still have some gear missing (CD player will be replaced with a new Tascam CD-A580 cassette/CD unit. Plus, the CVC unit for my Continuum is currently being repaired). Lots of stuff doesn’t fit in the new room, not least being my baby grand piano, drum kit and console. I’m not sure what I’ll be doing with that stuff. I’ve already given the piano away (though it still sits in my garage at the moment). I’ll likely set the drums up as I need them.

The ceiling is quite low. My son and I built the cabinet/rack upon which the modular system sits - the last one was too tall for this room. I have two 8x rack frames for more modules below the synth, and room for two more should i need to expand.

I’m quite looking forward to getting to work in this room.

Below are but two of the many multitrack tape machines I’ve got - and though they are by far the cheapest of the bunch, they are the ones that work consistently well. I’ve put them on this cart so that I can wheel them over to the patchbays and mixer when i want to use them, as well as easily taking them out of the room for de-magnetizing the heads. I also have another Multiecho just like this one, but it needs repair.

47 Likes

WoooooooW!!!

2 Likes