Your setups

Been trying to reconfigure my room setup, anyone know any affordable studio furniture (desk) and diffuser panels?

giks acoustics are prettu affordable and really good. they will also help you configure your et up if you send them room dimensions and describe problems you’re having. they helped me out a lot w/my set up in my basement which has a bit of a low ceiling compared to normal ceiling heights. they’r really helpful if you’re on a budget. you can diy panels too if you have the time space and tools. it’s pretty easy. just have to research and get the right materials.

as for a desk… i put something together using tabletops from ikea. they will flex if you put too much weight on them so i built a frame using wood to keep things sturdy. you can slo find good things if you look around at office surplus stores. for the shop i work in we found really high end motorized tables that hold 300 pounds w/new tabletops for $378 delivered. new they cost $2200!

Added an AS-1 and Rubix 44. I think this is the best combination of gear I’ve ever owned, really.

how do you like the rubix? i was thinking about getting the 24

I dig it. The compressors are a nice touch. I’m using it to track 2 stereo channels from my Octatrack in studio mode. I’m typically recording groups of 3 tracks with similar EQ ranges per stereo in. The mild compression really glues together the sounds. Build quality is solid as well.

Someone asked for wider photos.

I now have not only a Dis chair but also the black Vitsoe shelving and a grey painted back wall. This is getting weird.

That is weird :slight_smile:

Did you say that the desk is custom and not part of the Vitsoe system?

Yes. The desktop is custom made by me. The shelving and alu strips are Vitsoe.

Trying to get rid of cables and make everything easier to transport for live performances.

Dang!
Similar selected gear. My picks since I started getting into synths around 3 yrs ago. A guitarist turned synth enthusiast…:star_struck:

My Gear

They’ll last a lot longer than guitar picks (but maybe not the guitar :joy:) What made you decide on them? I was using Ableton with Operator, Analog, and old drum machine samples, felt limited by CPU with my workflow and wanted to switch to hardware. I went with Elektron for the sequencer.

Is that AK lid from Decksavers? I didn’t realize they were available but I did a google search when I saw you had one. I’ve been using a piece of fabric…

I’m curious what the transition from guitar to synthesizer looks like in terms of genre. Do you make similar music with synthesizers as you did with guitar?

I just picked up an analog four, completing my dark trinity. Now I can finally unleash my inner Sith.

From this…

To this…

Three more months rent!

Monomachine Love Thread

very cool!

Sub37, Prophet 12, Rytm, Octatrack, Seaboard Rise, Bigsky+Capistan, Custom 69 Stratocaster, iMac 2011 with Bitwig and Kontakt and a focusrite saffire Pro40. + a record player.

Very happy with this, I like that there’s so little overlap. Each instrument fills one category of gear I like to play with. Mono, Poly, Drums, samples, expressive controller and guitar.

I’m saving up to fill the last two “essential categories” right now…a vocal microphone and a 7u Eurorack Modular based on the shared system. https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/667633 The modular will sit where the elektrons are now. At that point the desk will officially be out of real estate. Which means the setup will be complete, this is in a studio apartment, so the desk sets the limit :yum:

Spent the last few days building the new desk and arranging everything just so. It does hurt a bit that Overbridge isn’t available for the A4mkII at this point.

That’s the output desk?
How is it, I really want to grab one.

It is (Platform), I had my eye on it for a while.
Not too tough to build, though since it’s hardwood the screws can be a bit tough to get in. It’s not made of pressboard so it’s likewise also much heavier than an ikea desk. The keyboard drawer option also comes with wooden blocks as risers to put under the feet to the drawer doesn’t hang too low; which is a nice touch.

I expect this to be the last desk I ever buy. It’s rock solid. The cable management is genius; not just in the rack on the back but the strategic holes for cabling in the top of the main desk and on the top shelf - which I didn’t realize were there when I bought it. So I can have Push 2 on th eleft side and the cables go through the hole under the desk rather than around or over, etc. Smart that you can flip the front rack pieces so you can regain the 2-3" of table top space as well.

With the keyboard drawer out it does put the monitor a bit further away from me than I like but it’s not the end of the world. I might get a VESA monitor arm to move it closer.

I ordered it on a Friday and got it on a Wednesday, pretty quick.