Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Fun fact, Madlib actually used a fisher price record player to sample tracks for madvillain with MF DOOM. I always wanted one of those

9 Likes

The crème de la crème… :wink:

2 Likes

Nice,
Up next…
Tomy :joy:
My bro has that SP, I need that!!!

1 Like

Read it mowable first…guess that counts too, right :happy:. Great setup!

Good to be back home and set up after 6 months away! Timed 30 and 40 minutes for tear down and setup. The improvised cable snake has made a world of difference. Next update is this relic of a drum set…

37 Likes

Oh mate, boys be layin’ down tracks up in that!
I’m a Style Boy fooooooor life!

Gorgeous…

1 Like

Nice room with a view… How do you find that keyboard stand - specifically the upper tier extensions? Are those standard fittings or something custom? And how is the wobble factor?

1 Like

We invested in the Vitsoe shelf system in our study/work room after we finally managed to buy our home. I highly recommend it. You can do all kinds of clever stuff with it - I have a desk but for a while I was considering a desk-less setup with the various tilted shelves for gear, and then freestanding monitor stands. I think it would work really well.

It’s also extremely well made, looks great, easy to reconfigure, etc. After years of moving Ikea shelves from apartment to apartment these are a dream. I am a fan of Ikea stuff (most of our furniture, cabinets etc are Ikea) but these are worth the money, for a room that we use so much.

1 Like

If this is true then I have some real chair GAS now. It does look great too.

The stand is pretty good but not perfect. I need to grip the AR’s body when using perf pads or the unit would rotate on its own. Barely an issue though. Wobble isn’t bad but the X stand isn’t the finest engineering in the room. I’ve been contemplating swapping it out with an electric sit/stand desk base. Not urgent though. Also discovered the stand rotation will be a huge plus for jamming with other players or operating the OT and AR from the drum set:

4 Likes

Air BnB setup #2

8 Likes

Built this for my setup.

10 Likes

Really nice, do you have any audio recordings ?

Thanks! Working on it.

nice! so for recording in “surround”, so to speak? Like the barber shop thing? Fucking cool. :slight_smile: Would love to hear some recordings.

Yes. It’s for binaural recordings. I’ll post some samples soon.

2 Likes

Its an interesting project. I do wonder how much influence the resonance of our skull and the shape of the inner ear canal would have on what we hear though. I suspect it is a big factor.

Are those ears generic, or made from a mold of your own ears?

1 Like

What is this? I am interested but don’t understand from the comments

It’s two mics inside the ears of a humanoid head. Recordings aim to emulate a more realistic audio experience. Not only by afterwards being able to mix an actual stereo recording, but also by having the sound collide with a surface that resembles our own - probably making the recording even more authentic.

1 Like

Elektron hive assimilation art. Nice work. Simon will be pleased.

1 Like