Your setups [ 10k Archive]

You know what? The OB-6 is my favorite synth of all time - that and the TVS Pro (which I had returned twice due to poor QC).

Am fairly certain the OB-6 will be back in the studio soon. :+1:

2 Likes

Just realized I posted this in the wrong “Setups” thread. :smiley:

Recent updates:

The “build piano” side of the room :smiley:

The bench side of the room is too messy to post right now. :smiley: Maybe later…

4 Likes

Thanks Adam that did the trick. Gonna setup the clarett to the xdesk over the weekend. At 32 samples buffer it seems to hold up well.

2 Likes

If wooden end cheeks aren’t retro enough

4 Likes

Is there a name for that item of furniture?

Yeah, it’s a stripped out yamaha electone organ. They’re pretty commonly given away for anywhere between free and £50. They’re all over the place in the UK, they’ve got no value cause of the size, people struggle to get rid of em.

Like this one. the pieces all screw out pretty easily. Always wanted to add a level underneath for a midi keyboard. Makes a cool dust cover for OT and the record player. Keeps the wires organised too

5 Likes

Wistfully took this pic as I was leaving for work this morning. East facing, view of the Toronto skyline. The chair casters roll like butter on the cork floor. The tv tables get occupied by visiting gear when jamming.

5 Likes

Nowsonic Shockstop ! :wink:

1 Like

i think i’ve seen 20 infomercials w/those tables falling over spilling cereal on the rug.

5 Likes

Agree. My money, my gear. H8ters gonna hate. But I’m having fun.

1 Like

They’re my inspiration when working on Drops.

3 Likes

If you kept the pedals you could even add midi controls to the original organ pedals to trigger clips or loop recordings. Anyway, that’s a pretty smart case idea, nice job :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I always thought that would be a cool idea. It’s take a bit of work but I think I could make it look pretty nice too. Imagine armrest along the front like this

Put some nice material inside and the pedals hooked up for something. Hmm, got me thinking

9 Likes

Can’t really get to Virus :wink:

10 Likes

16 Likes

Just midi control it with octa :pl:

what stand is that? thinking bout something similar to house my incoming gear setup.

I’m making an effort to make everything in close reach, you need to have good physical access to gear to get the most out of it. No more reaching over something to get to kit.

Agreed. Ergonomics plays a huge part in getting the most from gear, imo. If something hurts your back or shoulders to use, chances are it won’t get used or explored that much, and thus isn’t worth the money.

What mixer are you using there @buzz?

1 Like

It’s a Soundcraft signature 12 (not the MTK model)
Pretty good Sound.

2 Likes