Your setups [ 10k Archive]

3.2 GHz Intel Xeon W 8-Core
32GB of DDR4 RAM | 1TB SSD
AMD Radeon Pro Vega 56 (8GB HBM2)
27" 5120 x 2880 IPS Retina 5K Display

3 Likes

a little different color and i know what’s inside them. all that processing powerrrrrrr

2 Likes

Space Grey Color. Same mouse and keyboard as the regular iMac just space grey. My biggest concern wasn’t color but horsepower under the hood.

Better speaker system in the back. For consumer grade speakers in the back it handles EQ response well when I am goofing with my console 1.

Ventilation system in the back is better with dissipating heat. Apple’s claim is 75% more efficient at removing heat from a system than the 27" iMac. At 50% CPU usage on the iMac Pro the fan hasn’t gone on for almost an hour and the rear of the unit runs cooler than my Macbook Pro.

2 Likes

Afraid not, you’d see into two other rooms that are also bare bones music making workstations🙂

2 Likes

Do you use that black tube stuff as conduit to keep cables organised ?

What’s it called? I need some of that

Wire loom. Yes, that’s what it’s for.

2 Likes

:+1:

My living room setup

13 Likes

Just moved to a new apartment and got the “living room” set up.

This has more or less been my setup for the last six months, after purchasing the upgrade to Ableton Suite 10 (had an unused Live 8 license on my computer since 2010). I had used an all hardware setup since 2011 (I have a couple other posts in this thread), but since getting into Ableton I haven’t found a need for much of anything beyond midi controllers and some effects processors. I still use some Elektron stuff though, as you can see the TM-1 in the picture, and the Octatrack sits on the shelf to the right, waiting for me to finish recording and begin work on live sets, which is what I’ll be using it for (still no computer on stage for me).

Oh, and I still have my Elektrons… I take out the MD and MNM for sampling sessions often. I’ll be getting rid of a lot but those will be last to go, if at all.

6 Likes

Clarett working alright with thunderbolt to thunderbolt 3 adapter?

I haven’t hooked up my clarett yet. I’ll reply back by Friday with my findings.

1 Like

I just looked at the Geekbench scores for the iMac Pro.

Great Scott!!!
And I thought the 2012 quad i5 iMac I am using was fast!

Taking advantage of that 1 day 20% off Best Buy sale a great investment. That thing will last 15 years!

2 Likes

All that money saved is being used on mixing and recording classes on Puremix.net. This iMac Pro will be used for creation, recording, mixing, and mastering from what I’ve learned so far. A lot of the tutorials help you better understand using stock plugs. Plus you get the mix engineer’s mindset of “Why am I EQing or Compressing this” before touching a knob or fader.

Adam which adapter do I need to use for my Clarett 8 pre to work on the iMac pro? I’m going to Best Buy after work

1 Like

would love to hear your tracks… is there anything else in that room?

1 Like

Current setup

30 Likes

Ho. Lee. Shit.

4 Likes

This stuff plus a PO33, iPad, volca FM and some other things, I can post something soon I hope, I guess I haven’t come up with a name for the project yet

6 Likes

Blow me ? :rofl:

3 Likes