Your setups [ 10k Archive]

I’m only focused on plants. I want plants in my studio.

5 Likes

I swapped my AK for a Subsequent 37 and don’t regret it for one second.

One of them looks like it’s about to die, all the leaves are wilted. Sad day :frowning:

Yeah if I choose one it’s the AK all day. They just would be so good together, a nice contrast in both sound and workflow.

It’s a croton, they do that. It actually looks pretty healthy, they’ll drop their leaves when they’re stressed.

I wish I had enough light in my studio for plants. They make every space better.

1 Like

My setup
Elektron Analog Four MKII and Elektron Analog Rytm MKII
Adam A7X and my plant “SarahConor”

25 Likes

My sound design and music production station.
Never played all together, always different setups
for different tasks. :yum:

13 Likes

does max communicate well with nord modular?

Max works great with any midi device, or any other interface! I personally use it to process midi streams, reroute midi and sequence by alternative methods than linear sequencers, such as chaotic functions or unconventional inputs (Wiimotes, joysticks, pictures, video tracking)

Downside is you need a few hundred hours of concentration to get accustomed to the objects, after that you’re golden. And compared to using other (audio) programming languages for your music it’s very very easy!

6 Likes

How many brains and appendages do you have? :smile:

Ha…not enough of either…plenty of GAS though…!

And i spend alot of time trying to make sh#t function and not alot of time making any music…

1 Like

iMac pro running live 10. It took me 54 instances of Reaktor 6 to go above 50% system CPU

12 Likes

@v00d00ppl
How many instances of Wavetable would it take to get the same CPU? Would you try it, please, just for curiosities sake?

Either my want computer wants to finally go out to pasture or wavetable really is a hog. No complaints either, by the way! I can freeze a wavetable track once its doing its thing and manage cpu.

Right now I am reorganizing my gear setup. So far I have:

Moog Sub 37
Elektron Analog 4 MKII
Microkorg
Ableton Push 2 and Macbook

On order waiting to arrive:

Elektron Octatrack MK II
Make Noise 0coast
Korg Volca Beats

That should be all I need for at least another year or so as the Elektron gear is super deep and takes time to master. I love the portable power of it! The Moog is big and great on desktop but too heavy and big to haul to clubs and events.

Wavetable takes 1% CPU per instance on the iMac Pro. Multiply by 50 and that’s the same.

1 Like

jesus that’s a sexy imac pro

1 Like

38 Likes

Nice! Plants really help a room! I couldn’t be that precise with gear, but the setting is awesome!

2 Likes

Sweet. What are the specs on the iMac?
Genuinely interested in retiring my 2012 Mac Pro

I wonder, a pic from the opposite angle and we see a big beautiful (cables-galore-style) pile of gear ?
:grin:

1 Like