Your setups [ 10k Archive]

:smile: Not quite! I do look like him though!

1 Like

Thanx! Hope it will be! Nice to be able to jump right into creative mode when there is time!

i’m curious on this too, i’ve heard a lot of disappointed users when it was first released, but maybe it’s improved since then?

i’d love a synth that was multitimbral that wasn’t the blofeld.

This is so clean… Love it!

1 Like

38 Likes

Best setup of the entire thread… :thup: :joy::joy:

3 Likes

I can almost feel the neck and shoulder pain. :tongue:

4 Likes

There is luxury in simplicity. Also a bit of neck and shoulder pain.

8 Likes

Nice post. Good to see more Xenophones out in the field. One of my favorites.

1 Like

Love it

1 Like

Put the modular away to focus on wrapping up my existing unfinished projects. Current lineup: Akai MPC Live, Bitstream 3x, Elektron Octatrack, Analog Heat, Analog RYTM, Analog Four, Hypersynth Xenophone, Dave Smith Instruments Pro 2, Modor NF-1 and KORG Monologue.

Possibilities are pretty endlessly insane with this setup. Octatrack is my main sequencer. Through my trusty AMT|8 it drives the NF-1, Xenophone, Monologue and occasionally the Pro 2. The Pro 2’s sequencer is really great on its own so it mostly does its own thing. The A4 and RYTM run on their own sequencers. OT samples live inputs as dictated by the 2 Mackie Onyx mixers I’m using. Samples captured with the OT then get loaded into the MPC and sequenced and head back into the OT for further scene-based manipulation.

I can get an awful lot done here.

15 Likes

Hey!

Im waiting for the next firmware release to make a video review about it but here we go…

I absolutely love the interface, even if its not 1 knob per function is really easy to program it. Great construction quality, big knobs and excellent oled display, also really nice to look at :smiley:

I really like the sound of the raw oscillators. They are DCOs but I think they are individually clocked, so you can make them drift and detune quite easy. His filter is very aggressive, better suited for monophonic sounds than poly imho but with the amount of modulation options (4 LFOS and 4 loopable ADSRs with mod matrix) you can get amazing pads too. Very versatile synth but it definitely has his own character. Not specially “vintage” but with enough programming you can get there.

The main critic about sounding “metallic” is because it has an annoying digital noise at 3.2khz. It’s not very loud by itself but because its in each voice they sum up in poly patches. You can eq it but I really hope they get rid of it in a firmware update or with some kind of modding because its whats holding it from becoming THE affordable analog poly synth.

Its multi mode mode works great, paired with the Digitakt you can control 8 analog mono synths with only 2 boxes. I only wish they implement a “mixer” page in multi mode to control the volumes of each patch easily without having to use the individual outs.

I also have to say that my experience with their customer service was amazing. I had a couple of problems and their response was almost instantaneous. Really impressive for a one man company.

Overall im quite happy with it. Its very stable even if it still have some bugs (with the latest update playing legato was broken for example). They kept pushing updates and adding new features. I definitely think its an underdog, I honestly don’t know why is not more known (maybe because its a programmer’s synth and initial patches suck? :roll_eyes: ).

Any questions feel free to ask!

3 Likes

Not really :laughing:

Those monitors are not really that transparent, the room is small and I can’t place em anywhere else. Its not that bad though but I mainly mix using headphones so…

1 Like

Great summary. Happy owner of Parva #6. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tonight’s setup

7 Likes

So where are you traveling?

Austin this week!

1 Like

And where to next?

Next to the frozen tundra of Minnesota!

2 Likes

I think we can stop here…