Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Is that the new tr 8s already?

I am pretty sure you are not supposed to stick things into your monitors like that!
But whatever I didn’t spend my money on them!

Oooooohhhhh, oscilloscope…
Alway’s have wanted one, just for the geeky pleasure of visualizing my audio waves…

Nice setup too, looks fun for a modular setup, they often appear more serious…
Not sure about the bikini girl, but I’ll let that slide… :smile:

1 Like

19 Likes

Where did you got that stand? Custom made?

Yes it is.

It depends on the monitor distance from the rear and side walls and room size if you need to plug the ports for accurate monitoring. In this case plugging both is recommended.

Cheers! Yep, pretty easy build to be honest.

1 Like

McCartney and Aphex on the same wall, tied together with a broken guitar neck - not a common sight :slight_smile:

2 Likes

One of the few setups I’ve seen here with an actual sidstation! Elektron history…

3 Likes

HA, yeah it’s ace. It was especially cool when I had an e350 making lissajous shapes in x-y mode on it. Full on geek out!

1 Like

Haha, yes. 2 of my fav album covers. It isn’t a broken guitar neck, I call it a shitar. I made it so I could work on right hand fingerpicking technique when I couldn’t bring my guitar. Turned out you can actually play it as an instrument, it sounds hilariously shit, hence the name! I could only fit 5 tuning pegs on it so 2 strings share one.

4 Likes

haha - brilliant!

There are affordable oscilloscopes like the Mini DSO series. Comes with two channels and a function to store the displayed waveforms. The time-resolution is good enough to do some audio-frequency analysis. I use mine to see (and understand), what I am doing. Particularly interesting, if used with my modular system, which allows some crazy waveshapings or for FM-synthesis :wink:

2 Likes

If you like oscilloscopes you must know this guy:

He did a full album of lissajous music last year. Simply amazing stuff.

5 Likes

Interesting, thanks …

Do you know the mushroom-generator by Soundmote? …

3 Likes

Yeah, saw that on his you tube page actually! Not tried it though.

Try it, it’s fun and there are some special sounds too. Best … it’s not expensive :smiley:

Well, I might have to dust off the oscilloscope and have a go with the demo! Nice.

Yeah Three generations of Elektron boxes sitting on my desk. My love for the Sidstation continues to grow with years. 18 and counting!!! Damn I’m getting old! :joy:

2 Likes