Your setups [ 10k Archive]

greets!

thinking of replacing push with digitakt. or should it be octatrack to make transition from ableton not that radical?

11 Likes

That looks so neat and cozy!

1 Like

I’d add to your push rather than replace it. Ableton is obviously very capable alone so a digitakt may be all you’re looking for as something to jam on but if you’re looking to depend more on hardware you won’t regret having the extra capabilities of OT. If you’re dropping the push I’d definitely say OT but either one paired with push will be a good combo. Nice work space by the way, I want a little plant

2 Likes

This is sexy as hell. After using Ableton for a year, I got the Digitakt two months ago. Until they add Overbridge, I don’t think I will go for ableton any time soon. It is crazy how immediate the Digitakt is compared to working on Ableton.

2 Likes

thank you so much for such a warm feedback Python, jb, spceboi (new users can mention only two members in a post, what a shame)

yeah, that’s exactly the case, i’m quite tired of Ableton itself despite of its being very powerful indeed (so powerful that in theory i don’t even need neither DT nor OT). i don’t spend that much time on wiggling so it’d be nice to have something neat and tidy to twist the sounds and jam when inspired. Ableton just gives too much possibilities on this. discovered that once i got the OP-1.

@jb those (the plant and a piece of stone) are my little bit of nature by my side which turned to be quite inspiring :slight_smile:

1 Like

Amazing. One of the best looking setups!

1 Like

What would you say about the quality of that backpack? Would you recommend it?

Highly recommended!Built quality is fantastic and it’s fabric is water proofed…

1 Like

A wee update to my setup. I still say: screw those MK IIs!! :kissing_heart:

29 Likes

Hi Elektronauts,

I’ve been lurking around this thread a while now.

Oh boy, do some of you guys go crazy. and beyond. :cb_m::cb_o::cb_r::cb_e::heart:

Now to my own: Thanks to @Open_Mike I just dismissed my MIDI Tools (Thru-Box, Merger and a USB-Host) and invested into a iConnectivity iConnectMIDI4+. That saved a lot of trouble and cables. Thx again, buddy.
My monitors are next to the setup, Monkey :monkey: Banana :banana: Turbo 8, which I can highly recommend. No sub needed.

The Analog Heat is mounted on a GAS-assisted moving arm which is cheap and sturdy.

OTs audio track levels and solo/mutes are on the RemoteSL’s faders and buttons. OT is da brain.

Night Mode:

Day Mode:

Next to come is a better mixer, as this really old Behringer does it’s job but is just used for summing because the faders scratch. Maybe a Mackie 1202 or sth. like that.

Thanks for watching.

17 Likes

I’ve tried a few times to upload a photo of my current set-up and it doesn’t work. I get the loading message, it gets to 100% but it won’t finish the task and allow me to post. Any suggestions? Is it easier to upload to somewhere like Imgur and just link to it, or load it from OneDrive or something?

Can you please tell me about the stand holding the device behind the AK? I’ve been looking for a secure way to use my OT behind/above my AK without getting in the way.

My current setup right now. I am selling the engine in a week or so. I get my taxes back in a week and will be adding the MPC X and Digitone.

3 Likes

Is that primarily a sit down or stand up ergonomic environment?

Horus winks at your 3 eyes either way :wink:

That is sexy and no mistake.
I never use the word sexy lightly, you got it all goin’ on there.

Barry White? Forget it

1 Like

cheeeers :eye:

i’ll only feel like sitting when playing the roli but 90% of the time i’m standing. everything is just an arms length away. really cheap desktop rack make the screens nice and easy to read as well

1 Like

Standing always seems more natural to me, thanks for the reply.
Stay off the fluoride yeah…
Nice set up, solitary or with a partner, you got it covered!

That looks like fun

Why you selling the Engine? I love mine

Monitor and audio interface upgrades at last, just waiting for new stands so I can sit the monitors further back behind the desk :slight_smile:

6 Likes