Your setups [ 10k Archive]

I almost wouldn’t be surprised… :joy:

:no_entry_sign:This user is suspended.
Reasons: continues to be overly positive, provides workarounds to feature requests, likes Elektron, just to darn happy, says spiritual things…

-Upon re-activation if user does not complain about overbridge, transfer app, number of physical outputs, etc… Suspension will be permanent.

36 Likes

Any idea when overbridge is coming out? :rofl:
Guy I know got so pissed, he returned all hit MKII’s :open_mouth:

1 Like

I can’t tell from the pic, is it 2 digitakt or digi friends?
Edit: I decided they should in fact be called “the ambiguously digi duo” in general, for anyone who might have both!

I really love your setup. I feel that I’m headed in the same direction in terms of minimizing my desk space.

For anyone who knows, is it better to hook up instruments directly to audio card OR to mixer first then to audio card? :thinking:

I want to do something similar with my iPad but I don’t think my Focusrite 2i4 is iOS compatible.

i dunno, but i dont care anymore, as i’m using the ipad only :wink:
Ok, if they should release something like overbridge for the ipad, i think i’m going to merry them. :wink:

i prefer going directly into the audio interface. But in my case it’s more a OCD thing, because i hate cables and i always have the fear of adding noise with a mixer. But i’m sure a mixer will give you some more possibilities. One of them could be jamming right away without having to fire up pc/ipad for the audio routing. Then again: i solved that by choosing an interface which works in ‘standalone’ mode.
Your scarlett works fine on ios. it’s just a matter of powering it with a good and compatible ACTIVE usb hub, before going into the usb/lighning adapter.

2 Likes

:slight_smile: its dt+dn

Will definitely try that then. While I love Ableton, I feel working with my iPad connected it is going to feel more immediate. Thanks a bunch. Do you upload youtube videos or anything? would like to hear how your music sounds.

Wow that seems very extreme, aren’t they excellent synth sound on their own right, with out overbridge? Yes they are!
Didn’t everyone track synths stereo into their recorder before overbridge? Yes we did! Some people can’t see the forest for the expression.

1 Like

I fight with software all day. I could care less about booberbridge

1 Like
5 Likes

Soma Lyra-8 Organismic Synthesizer … road ready

16 Likes

Thank you, they called it the Black Beast🙂
Russian technology built like a tank, really it’s heavy and made with real through hole components to last.
I did a quick test and this is really something different in every way.
Fm-ing voices, unstable but therefore so good at what it does.

2 Likes

Just reorganized the desk and added a Circuit to the mix. I’m now working with:

• OP-1
  • Octatrack
  • Reface CP
  • Novation Circuit
  • Williams Allegro 2 digital piano
  • Zoom R24 recorder
  • Scarlett 2i2 audio interface
  • IKEA Skarsta desk + Rast shelf

Since the Circuit is new, I’m focusing on that right now and keeping the chain simple. Here’s a quick jam with the Circuit running through the OT for delay control and then into the OP-1 for master reverb / drive: https://soundcloud.com/noahmuth/circuit-etude-1

After a few days of jamming, I have to say I couldn’t be happier with the Circuit. It’s fairly limited, but it gets the job done and plays very nicely with the OT. Before, I was anxious about buying gear because I felt like I needed a drum machine AND a polysynth to get the most out of my OT, PLUS I wanted a pattern-based groovebox for sketching ideas independently. Turns out that the Circuit handles all of those :smile: The raw sound isn’t amazing, but that can be hidden with dreamy stereo reverb/delay.

Next purchase will probably be a Blofeld, MicroMonsta or Digitone so that I can have a great sound in the front of the mix and move the Circuit to the background. I’m also on the lookout for master reverb and delay pedals, and of course interesting pedals in general. The future is bright!

2 Likes

My table synth

17 Likes

I’m still tempted to pick up one of those Korg ESX-1 samplers… Good looking set up there

1 Like

Awesome setup!
Looks like you could use three of these stands for better accessability of your second row gear:

:slight_smile:
PS: Your monitors’ angle seems a bit off too, plus make sure to put some styrofoam underneath them for better sound.

4 Likes

Sounds like you need a heat and dbx 1066 on the out of your digitakt :wink:

1 Like

How did you get the other keyboard under the ikea desk?
Looks like what I am trying to build, but nothing I see out there has a keyboard tray under the desk.