Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Maybe you’re one of the bidders for the Octasmacked. this sampler was so dirty

No no, I’d use real nice microbiolically active organic soil, the kind of dirt that’s “clean”… :slight_smile:

Octasmacked was from an unknown origin….

:smile: I’m adding some plants right now to see whats going on with the biosphere on the studio

1 Like

The fact that Octatrack couldn’t name cc’s was the main reason I bought Cirklon. Would highly recommend!

Thats super useful for busy minds i just get my Bitstream 3x and I’m using this function. but I’m totally impressed and blown out with the possibilities of this machine it adds extra functionality and Autechre behavior to the setup really happy….

New to elektron (though I’ve had a RYTM for a bit now) and after a long debate, I finally ordered an octatrack. My setup is a little all over the place since I just moved, but I was inspired to mock up a little workstation for my desk using some wood scraps I had laying around (not pretty, but functional). I’ve got a lot to learn, but I’m already regretting not getting an OT sooner!

22 Likes

Thanks, now that is a fine piece of electonics. I will check this out :smiley:

Yeah … that was exactly understood … but that “Explore” is a great idea too, really :smiley:

Maybe that I will have some plants soon again. Our house is full of plants. I have only to tidy up my mess of electronics such, that watering the plants does not have the risk to spill the electronics too. Fluids and me tend to end up sooner or later in some kind of splashing.

You may lough, but I use in the studio only those “coffee-to-go” cups with a cap, since I once nearly knocked over an ordinary cup :hushed: . Recently I knocked over the capped cup and was very, very relieved to see that it had prevented any damage.

Maybe I am only overcautious?

1 Like

Sold tons of gear, just to rebuy devices one by one, to educate myself to be more minimalistic, to fully learn a piece of gear before buying new stuff. So this is my restart with a clean an minimalistic setup. My new obsession is to buy/build short cables or in perfect length, to avoid cable mess. :wink:

27 Likes

Hi are you? or any Naut here with experience with Midi Sprout? I’m interested as a sound source for my ambient project… any thoughts, comments would be appreciated.

1 Like

Waiting for Digitone to arrive. It will become the sequencer for PreenFM2, MB33 and Peak.

5 Likes

I’m shut down, for various reasons.
But I smell real good!

6 Likes

This might be the most inspiring photo of this whole thread.

d512aa4c64749ea30067323fa0a8ab504f7bbbf3_1_650x500

22 Likes

I found it strangely attractive myself.
The simple elegance, the hue and lighting.
The beauty of the guttural simplicity, reinforced by the functionality.

3 Likes

I’m salivating. And the fact that my DN hasn’t shipped yet isn’t helping.

1 Like

Not yet! I’m keeping the AK checked in for at least one more project. And if it does check out, it’s only to make room for its newer cousin. I know and can extract gold from the A4 synth architecture too well to let go if it for good.

You‘re absolutely right! There are some devices which i had THREE times - and i‘m not proud of it. One is/was the OP-1 which i sold because i didn‘t use it or because i needed the money for something new. And i regretted it every single time. Quite stupid behaviour - i try to learn from this errors, but it‘s not easy

The Cirklon can only do 4 CCs per track though, which is kind of lame for such an expensive machine. :confused:

Looks like those monitor spoeakers are too far apart… You want the speakers and your head when standing in the mixing position to form an equal-sided triangle… and -ideally - you don’t want placing speakers in a corner of the room. That’s the general advice on speaker placement from what I’ve read over the years.
Another more debatable one is that if your monitors’ backs are going to be close to a wall, using monitors with a forward facing bass port will give more accurate sound.

Thanks.

I’m aware the speaker placement is less then ideal right now, but I’m still working on the general room layout, so the speakers were just placed on the shelf for convenience sake. Once the rest of my stuff is unpacked (including music equipment), I can address my computer placement vs instruments and where an ideal space for mixing would be.

edit: I may need to invest in an additional set of speakers so I can have the mixing one set for mixing (typically ITB) vs one for jamming :thinking: