Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Can i get a buying advice from all you cats out there?
Looking for a compact audio interface with 2 preamps,at least 8 analog inputs,DSP system inside with comp,eq,FX and such…Up until now I found RME UCX to be the perfect size and features set…Any other suggestions?

Qu-sb? More inputs and requires a wifi router to connect to iPad (sorry more stuff!) but you can multitrack to usb drive also…
Just a thought, good luck on your quest.

If you can do with the preamps doubling up on the analog ins, the MOTU Ultralite could work.
http://motu.com/products/proaudio/ultralite-mk4

K-mix ? Extremely compact, 8inputs, FX, comp, it’s also a standalone mixer. Maybe not exactly what you’re looking for, I don’t know. I’m very happy with mine.

1 Like

Not yet, the Dreadbox case has been tested and disabled, it’s gonna be build inside a real flightcase for live duties.
So the sides are off to make 19” rack ears.
Powerconnector and switch coming into a 19” panel on front with audio connectors.

1 Like

828x mate!
Although I don’t like the cue mix software at all for motu!

1 Like

Nice suggestions there people!
Ok let me give you another hint…
I’d like to fit the interface at the sides or in front of this bag so i guess 828x and Qu SB are kinda bigie:

My MPC Live and Tempest going inside :wink:

1 Like

I have a Clarett Thunderbolt 4-pre that I like a lot. No DSP effects, but the Thunderbolt is fast enough that I can use effects in Ableton in real time. And it’s not too crazy-expensive. Not sure of PC compatibility if that’s an issue for you though.

Kmix
Covers
All
Yer desires

It’s expensive and I don’t remember off the top of my head the number of outs, but the antelope zen tour is quite compact. Even the zen studio is portable, with a built in handle thing on the side.

@Yorgos_Arabatzis

Pretty much can’t go wrong with RME I’d say, best drivers money can buy.

For now RME UCX and KMix are the closest to what i need because they’re compact and with their DSP can operate standalone…The Antelope Zen Tour is a wonderful choice but i think it can’t operate at it’s full without a computer and it’s a bit pricey.I’d like to keep it around 750-800€ max.I know the UCX it’s 1000€ but i’m keeping my eyes on a used one…Btw if anyone sells or knows where i can get one at this price drop me a PM :wink:

I didn’t see the no computer part, just get one of those digital mixers controlled via iPad in that case!

New best friends :

20 Likes

Wonder who would be first to post a DN! Well done @KaOsphere - how is it?

Sounds really nice but…10 min of use , empty project and first freeze when switching tracks…Only a steady buzzing tone…Had to reboot… Not the best way to start a relationship on our first date ! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thats a shame, you are not the first to report bugs with the first units. I am sure Elektron will sort it longterm, but might cause you some anger in the meantime! Enjoy it though, very jealous! Wish I had one regardless of bugs! :smile:

Yeah no anger here, I just divorced a MPC Live…So I got a bit of training regarding things not always working as expected… :slight_smile:

1 Like

ahaha… I feel you… got tired of waiting for a mpc update that would let me easily automate midi CCs… sold the thing, bought a DT, never looked back.

Does the DT have the option to name CC assignments? So that instead of “CC#72” or whatever, you see Filter Cutoff", for example.