Your setups [ 10k Archive]

You win the internet this week, solid quality post people should worhship from this day on.
:place_of_worship::place_of_worship::place_of_worship::place_of_worship::place_of_worship::place_of_worship::place_of_worship::place_of_worship::place_of_worship::place_of_worship::place_of_worship::place_of_worship::place_of_worship::place_of_worship::place_of_worship::place_of_worship::place_of_worship::place_of_worship::place_of_worship::place_of_worship::place_of_worship::place_of_worship::place_of_worship::place_of_worship::place_of_worship::place_of_worship::place_of_worship::place_of_worship::place_of_worship:

1 Like

I suspect there is a lever in the basement that you pull, press record, and run for cover.

3 Likes

LOLโ€ฆ New survival seriesโ€ฆ This week on โ€œIf Elektron Instruments Were Housesโ€

1 Like

Itโ€™s a dead-end cubby at the back of the spare bedroom, yes would be weird having a desk in a hallway haha!

1 Like

Do it, itโ€™s great!

1 Like

Iโ€™ll try to focus on this setup and not add anything else, even if there are so many temptationsโ€ฆ Gonna renovate soon so I need to save up!

4 Likes

One of two existing setup. The other setup consists of a few volcas, a Electribe and some lofi gear, in the guestroom of the house of my mother(since I did that, i visit her twice as much :slight_smile: !)
This setup here is in currently in my living room. I made a picture because I have to move everything in another room, because this table is actually my drawing/work space.
Iโ€˜m just started to make music last year, so everything is quite new/no vintage gearโ€ฆ
Iโ€˜m pretty happy with it. This one consists of: OT mk2, A4 mk1, Virus ti2, Blofeld, Pulse , sh01a, Mx-1, TB-3, TR-8,Volca FM, JD-Xi, MPK 249, Keystep and a KaossPad3 that i almost never useโ€ฆ Itโ€™s obvious that i had pretty hard GAS. I guess i have it under control, but the voices in my head tell me to buy a quantumโ€ฆand a Digitoneโ€ฆ and a Yamaha Montageโ€ฆdamned! But seriously, just the OT and the Virus alone already delivers a almost unlimited amount of sounds. I made the mistake and did buy first only Volcas but then I needed a mixer, a real synth, a better sampler as the volca, a โ€œcheapโ€ drum machine etcโ€ฆ If I could go back in time I would buy just a OT,A4,Virus and a RYTM and skip some of the gear. For example the Virus IMHO can easily replace the Sh01a.

4 Likes

This is where the ideas are hatched:

This where the big guns are added if needed:

This is where the songs are finished:

And the dents in the monitors came from! :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Great dogs!

2 Likes

I feel sorry for you man โ€ฆ all those tech spreadsheets you gotta update when you get a new piece of gear :wink:

Seriously though, impressive post!

2 Likes

I loved that post, I told my wife about it last night, itโ€™s so detailed, a complete instruction as to how to recreate the sound.

Step 1 was turn the synth on :rofl:

I fucking loved that post, best ever on here :rofl:

No joking, no one will ever beat the effort put into that post!

Anyone who employs olaf is getting the real deal, I hope they appreciate him, seriously, i hope they do.

1 Like

They really are, I love them so much, theyโ€™re my best friends, even if Dudley ate my op-1 box :slight_smile:

3 Likes

To save scrolling up and looking for this post this is it in itโ€™s full glory:

Thanks olaf for the best post

[Moderator replaced pasted text by link.]

1 Like

Dudley was โ€˜doing his bitโ€™ for the environment!
At least the OP-1 survived his recycling regime!

1 Like

Drumset Looper #5 / Writing Station #15

12 Likes

Finally maxed the Ultralite, so itโ€™s one in one out from now on!

5 Likes

The โ€œsadโ€ part of the story is that I enjoy just that - integrating a new piece, thinking of how to control and control things โ€ฆ :slight_smile: When I got my first Elektron machine there was a period of frustration when the many options and alternatives to do things seemed to stop me from making music. After a while, of course, one realises that thes are possibilities and opportunities and since then I enjoy figuring out how to do things, in addition to doing things (making music). There are therefore always changes, and this is the current state with all machines working together, all playing one pattern but with musically fitting sounds (Well, I think so :wink: Truth to be told, I do fancy the idea of a minimal setup and I am hoping to let go of things โ€ฆ eventually, hopefully.

By the way, the notes above are notes to myself :slight_smile: I tend to forget and mix things up, so I need those notes to ensure I do not mess up โ€ฆ

27 Likes

my gadget sprawl is such I have two setups:

this is for guitar going in to OT2, with reserved parking for incoming digitone.

this:
electrodesk

is for electronic weirdness with sp16 as hub - the multiple outputs really open up infinite options if you have a bad guitar pedal habit.

2 Likes

Where are people finding those aw some looking audio cables? Amazonโ€™s s selection is so cheap looking.

I like fulltone, evidence, lava. Roland are overpriced but they do rca to 1/4โ€ and stuff like that. You can get solderless ones you can cut to size.