Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Thanks it awesome set up it took me some time to build but it was worth it

1 Like

woops

No extra sub at the moment, mixes have been translating very well without one. The bass response on these bad boys is crystal clear and defined compared to my old KRK rockit 5’s!

I have a similar approach. And I am looking at a -budget- compressor for after the mixer (VLZ4-1642). Do you mind sharing what you use?
I have no experience with compressors at all, the FMR Audio RNLA 7239 is still in my shopping cart. Hard to decide with no first hand experience. :man_astronaut:

1 Like

I have a RNC that I got like 15 or 16 years ago and it is still difficult to imagine that any compressor sounds as good for anywhere remotely near the price of this thing. Still on the original power supply and no issues with intermittent jacks, etc. I run it on the master insert on my 1604 VLZ3.

2 Likes

14 Likes

Adorable setup!

On the subject of compressors, I don’t have one yet but do plan to buy one soonish to run after the mixer as well and I’ll probably go with the Bugbrand stereo compressor. I haven’t heard one in person but it’s supposed to be excellent.

1 Like

Say Pulsn, what laptop stand are you using on the A4?

I feel like we gotta round up all these cute kids on the thread lately and see what they can do with your crazy powerful yet looks like a toybox rig! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh i have four of those quite old Adam Hall laptop stands. Not sure If they still sell. Those from Thomann seem to be similar: https://www.thomann.de/de/millenium_laptopstand_dock_white.htm

1 Like

I play the shit out of it.

Short roundtrip: https://youtu.be/DudD6LRTjw0

1 Like

Current live setup + guitar with case as table:

packed:

setup:

some impressions:

6 Likes

Yeah more than happy to discuss. We have an alesis 3632 there currently. It is ok, gets the job done but I want to switch it out with an FMR RNC… did consider the RNLA too. What made you think RNLA? My main issue is the 3632 is a full rack which doesn’t lend itself to transport as well as the RNC stuff. EDIT and obviously the RNC is going to sound miles better if most reviews etc are to be believed.

I had an RNLA for a while, maybe I was using it wrong but it was too clean for my taste. I did a lot of A/B tests at matched volume and literally couldn’t hear the difference at most settings. They hold their value well so no harm trying it out though, lots of folk seem to like it. I much prefer the rotten crushing of the 3630.

RNLA ended up being in backorder so ordered the RNC instead, will try both. And choose or keep both/none. Had read some positive things about the RNLA on GS but in the end we have to experience ourselves, tastes differ and are subject to change as well, good things for us humans. :wink:

Almost finished my wooden Loop Box put some elektron decals to it

9 Likes

Just got my RME fireface uc, at last the sound and midi of everything is in sync with ableton and software synths. Total bliss

Real bad picture but Virus hidden behind the computer, volca almost invisible to the right.

1 Like

Mate!

1 Like