Your setups [ 10k Archive]

I like the simplicity of it!
I find myself wishing I had a simple setup.
I guess I kinda do, but I got a ton of guitar stuff that’s piling up.
I will try to remember to post new pics soon.

The latest incarnation of my setup. The addition of a mixer has been really helpful.

11 Likes

What mixer is it out of interest?

It’s a Mackie 1202 VLZ4, and I’m really happy with it so far. It allows for a lot more flexibility and experimentation than when I was just routing the silver boxes through the black boxes and into the OT.

1 Like

What do you use to record all your outputs into the Mac? Satisfied with only 2 channels?

I haven’t tried recording since I got the mixer. I used to use a combination of Overbridge and my Ultralite mk3, which worked but was a headache to set up. I’m not yet sure how I’d go about it now.

It is super great.

Moog on a crate love it

Managed to mount all this stuff on a Temple Audio pedal board. Not very visible in this pic are a Behringer XR12 mixer, DarkSide pedal, Zoom MS100BT, Strymon Deco and PO-32. Red box is an axoloti. Power supplies, midi through box and USB hub are underneath.

This is my ‘portable’ setup. I’ll try to upload studio pics later.

17 Likes

I like this a lot. What do you make with it?

With this particular setup … nothing worth sharing just yet as I’ve only just put it all together. Still configuring my midi setup and XR12 scenes etc but I plan on putting something up on YouTube soon.

Damn, the symmetry is so inviting.

2 Likes

Nice compact and eclectic setup there. The red box having a Nord sticker on there was a tad confusing.

Anyhow speaking of the XR12… do you know if its possible to have internal routable ducking/side chain compression per channel on this mixer? Been looking at the xr16 & 18 and that would be the dealmaker.

Thanks! The red box used to be a companion controller for my Nord G2 (Doepfer midi kit) and sat nicely on the top right empty space. Much more useful housing an Axoloti though.
I have the XR12, XR18 (on another pedal board which I should also post a pic of!) and the X32 compact. They all have side chain-able compression and gate on every channel. The side-chain input can be filtered and the source can be any other channel. You should take a look at the X-air edit app for mac/pc/ios/android to get a better idea what the mixers can do.

1 Like

After many iterations, this lil’ setup is finally stable, portable and ready to play in 5 minutes.
Next step is to gig with it :cb:

Got a load of great ideas from this forum, thanks folks!

16 Likes

Ob-6 latest purchase. Sound is absolute next level.

4 Likes

How’s the Zoom and ALL the algorithms working for ya? Thinking of scooping one…

Just got the heat and two notes torpedo live.
Loving the heat on my octatrack drums!
Hating the issues I am having with overbridge.

5 Likes

Zoom MS-100BT for Volca Bass.
BBE Sonic Stomp MS92 for Volca Kick.

No effect unit for Volca Sample.

5 Likes

Nice. And do you like it? Did the update add a lot more than what had been?