Your setups [ 10k Archive]

The system is built with the idea of having enough voices to make a multi, so no overdubs when recording, I love the tension of doing things in one take and eventually record it 2 track.
Mostly, for the main parts, a 4 track sequencer will do, like the ER101/102.
(There are other sequencers for extra ,or if my brain forces me to combine, fast filter sequences or just fill ins).
There are 8 dedicated VCOs for the main tracks, so I have the possibility to use two oscillators per voice, each with there own ADSR,VCA,filter.
Also the Qbit Chord will give me 4 extra VCOs and the rhythmic parts are done mostly with Circadian Rhythms sequencer (also masterclock because of the swing setting),the Jomox,Tip Top modules accompied with the Resonator, Elements and white noise all going through filters when needed.
The smaller set up is the main mix and effect section, every voice/drum will have a multiple so I can route the same sound to different effects and filters without to repatch them.
The final mix will be come together in combination with the Hot Glue for side chain and a separate WMD compressor.
The uppercase consists of 16 tracks trigger sequence combo by 2 A157s which will be used for the very short, thingy percussion, filter pinging,etc…
eventually with enevelope generators, resetting of LFOs.
The utility modules are with most of the sequencers in the bottom case, like multipliers,dividers,offset,quantizers,trigger delays,etc.

2 Likes

Joking aside, it’s an enviable system - very well thought-out, too.

I just came home to a £6000 PPI refund, so will be expanding my own paltry 12U no doubt.

2 Likes

Well spend then :grin::+1:

2 Likes

I love your idea for your setup. The one thing that I always hated with my eurorack setup was that the mixers all sounded pretty crap and you ran out of headroom super quick. I picked up one of these to integrate my modular into my studio nicely
http://nw2s.net/product/nw2s-io/
Haven’t heard those mixers you have in your system, do you ever feel frustrated with lack of headroom?

1 Like

PPI refund? I thought that was just psychological warfare for the unemployed! Nice man!

Don’t let the gas drain your ass.

On the other hand, make noise black and gold with enough left over to treat the lady to a nice relaxing holiday.

Well done champ! Backflips!

1 Like

Thanks for such a detailed description … very well-thought-out system … it’s a beast … a sonic-lab … respect :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 Like

Thank you, this is globally what this set up is going to do for me and although I have a dedicated Drone wall this big set up would do the task with ease also.
I could explain a lot more what’s in it, every module has its own story for me,like the wonderful Rainmaker which is almost a system on its own for very complex comb filtered delays and pitch shifting. I’ll have to explore it myself but my task and mind setting now (and the last, almost, two years!) is every day combining,collecting the modules for this system.
I have little experience with modular synthese but it has grabbed me and slowly grows in me…all part of the fun,exploration.

A mate of mine just got 5800 back and he didn’t even remember having PPI in the first place…

1 Like

I know what you mean but I think the mixers are part of the overall sound.
Like I described, I like to have it all in one system and ,although possible to multitrack, I want to have a main mix from the modular right into a recorder, monitor controller,etc.
For the last conversion I use a Vermona Twin Out, to match it for the outside world.
Plans are to buy a Lunchbox 500 system one day with high class API 500 DIs and some IGS Audio Rubber Bands 500 Mastering EQ and IGS Audio S-Type 500 VU Compressor but that’s not for the near future.
Again, I like the tension,excitement of recording in one take, be it with some mistakes.

There’s always the DAW for editing the two track…:wink:

1 Like

Thank you

@bassmaster: I would like to hear some of your music, is that possible?

And… is your Rytm a success? Or still not using it?

Bingo!
Nothing like a financial injection to get the gas flowing!

I’m sorry, that will take some time. I’m still in the process of building my modular, no music yet.

I sold the AR last month, you might say unused.
Couldn’t live with the idea having this wonderful machine starting it up and focusing on the display if there where signs of fading,etc.
I know, it’s me but that’s one of the reasons it didn’t work for me.
Let’s wait for the MKII and see the first reviews and I may decide to step in again. For now my modular is first priority :grin:

So you first want to build it, and then start to make music with it?

Do you make music with other Instruments?

My setup changes because of my experience while making music… some kind of iterative process…

3 Likes

Here is a part of my latest setup, still tweaking some details but quite happy with the general layout.

24 Likes

This great modular will keep you exploring for many years. But don’t forget to make music. It’s an instrument after all :wink:

1 Like

Yes it’s a killer setup. Wow!

Yes
Yes… mm … a bit like TR09 and TR03 plus making drone music which is mostly done for exploration.

1 Like

It will give me lots of pleasure and headaches , I’m sure.
Thank you

1 Like

Nor did I. I was just bored at work so answered one of these calls. The guy filled out all the forms for me (which take ages if you do it yourself) and all I had to do was, literally, sign and date one piece of paper. I lose 25% of my compensation, but I wouldn’t even have thought about it were it not for them, so it’s well worth it.