Your setups [ 10k Archive]

I’m hoping Elektron is working on a brain for its next product:[quote]New from Elektron:
BRN-1 cognitive performance enhancer, expand any rigs potential with your own creativity x2! Includes Neural Overbridge for direct parameter control… :cb::sparkles:[/quote]

2 Likes

I just read the bottom bit and thought it was real. What a comedown!

1 Like

Now with the digitakt :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Quick question - I somehow ended up with a Fireworx that i’ve never hooked up due to not having proper cabling. I really soured on TC Electronic after being so disappointed by their Powercore plugins, so I kind of forgot about the Fireworx. What’s your feelings on it? What kind of stuff is it good for/bad for?

Yeah, double mpc 1000!

1 Like

I rearranged a bit and got a ADAM Sub8 and stands for the Neumann KH120 . I felt that an upgrade for my listening enviroment would be a good idea.

13 Likes

How do you like the KH120s? What size room are you listening on? Did you find the sub ‘necessary’? I’m debating some KH120s and am trying to take in all the perspectives I can :slight_smile:

I like the KH120 a lot and wanted to get used to them carefully before adding a new sub. Below 100 Hz they need support if you want to make sure that you don´t miss anything important. I always had to check mixes on my hifi stereo or work with a frequency analyser to find out what´s going on from 20-120 Hz. But if it is necessary to have a subwoofer depends on your personal attitude. I released a lot of music that I made only on the KH120.
My room is 50m^2 in total and this studio part you see on the picture is about 4 x 4 x 4 meters with one side open to the rest of the room (not the restroom. :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

Cool, thanks for the info. I definitely don’t want to get a sub, but always review mixes on a variety of other speakers. It’s down to these of the Focal Shape 50s basically. I’m in a much smaller room though, so I’d imagine it’ll be a radically different experience than yours.

I’m quite familiar with the KH120s, I installed about 40 pairs here at WWE when we refreshed our edit rooms this year. Not sure if you’d be interested but they do sell a wall mount bracket for them that attaches with some included hex wrenches and screws to the back of them (pre-drilled holes). The lows are lacking but they get the job done. I can post some pics if you want to see what I’m talking about.

1 Like

Upgraded my set up also with the Neumann nearfields.
And another top case to fill…

10 Likes

love this setup! <3

This looks like control panel of one of the reactors in Chernobyl or something :smiley: :smiley:
I have no idea how people can make music with this.
I was babysitting a eurorack setup for my friend and for the entire time I had it I never managed to record anything… And I have spent A LOT of time messing with it haha.

2 Likes

Hi there, coming from midi sequencing and hardware boxes it’s a different approach with modular but when taking time to learn it’s not that difficult.
In fact my understanding of hardware synths is better than before.
When you select a preset you often don’t (wanna) know what’s exactly is happening with all parameters and routing inside the box.
With modular you have to make your own routings by hand, forcing to think ahead and go diffent ways which is the fun of it for me.
No paved roads by the manufacturer.

2 Likes

agreed. i’ve learned so much since getting into modulars. not just about sound design and how to get certain places but about sequencing and moudlation and setting up a system to do the things i want… and those things all translate into software systems and other hardware synths and the studio as a whole. everything becomes a bunch of sets of functions that i can inter connect. perhaps that’s pretentions sounding i don’t know… but thinkign about things in a modular kind of way makes me think about different music making environments in a different way. i guess i want to make everything else modular in some way. shrug.

3 Likes

Room transition nearly complete. Just need to add room treatments and an OT MK2. (edited :wink: )

7 Likes

Whats the stand for the Analog Keys?

I had bought the cart originally to stow my keyboard and mouse beneath the table. In fact mixing with the DAW sounds better when I scoot back more toward the middle of the room. But the cart was great and very adjustable for the AK, so I’ll buy a second cart for the kb/mouse. It’s actually oriented backwards in that photo, as the legs work better with my mixer stand.

For the AK, the cart is best if you have something you can put it next to and contact for stability, otherwise it can be a little wobbly while playing. No more wobbly than any other keyboard stand, though. I have it raised so it makes contact with the bottom side of the lip of the table, and the side of the table as well. No wobble.

3 Likes

What Genelecs are those? Do you like them? Sufficient bass response for the small room or do you have a sub under the desk?

Those IKEA stands are only 3.99€ in Germany :slight_smile: