Your setups [ 10k Archive]

What’s the dual tier unit in between you speakers with the tr-8 on?

Thanks

Yep very handy for transport, I don’t need the keyboard cause I use the ultranova one for both synth. The wood enclosure was made by french guy I made on Audiofanzine.

I love the minibrute sound, so juicy close to acid but with sub presence.

1 Like

i think that every time i see setup photos… “that must sound like shite!”. - when i talk to people though i’m surprised how many actually use headphones due to neighbors etc.

2 Likes

Yeah I was thinking the same. Spending thousands on gear and monitors and nothing on room treatment. Kind of silly.

1 Like

I wonder if some have a room setup that breaks up reflections and perhaps the photos do not make this clear. Eg: I could post a photo of my desk and you would see I have near fields at head level that are positioned about 3 feet from the back wall. You will not see wall treatment behind these monitors as I have none. What you also will not see is that I have book cases and heavy curtains behind me and to my side, off camera. You also will not see that my studio space has uncommon dimensions with a ceiling that has 3 surfaces, none of which are parallel or perpendicular to any other surface in the room. Factors like this make a difference even in the absence of foam panels glued to the walls. We’re not all mixing and recording in a box. :ecstatic:

2 Likes

Current situation

12 Likes

Yes, that makes sense. It was only clear to me how much difference it made after I built bass traps etc. The difference was night and day

Yay, another Detroit Elektron user! Nice Studio.

1 Like
  1. MAC Pro/Ableton/Arturia Analog Lab
  2. Analog keys
  3. Digitakt
  4. Microgranny
  5. Mackie Pro FX 8 (for now)
  6. Arturia Keystep
  7. Apollo Twin
  8. My guitar stuff

oh wow…I love the box for the heat, the DT and the OP-1. Very nice. I wish I was handy with woodworking.

1 Like

Loving the arm pads!

1 Like

Hey Juan, what is that small cream colored box in the coffin case? How are you finding the boutique vocoder? I have a VP-330 and would love to compare the 2 side by side.

Stymon Deco.
Love the VP-03, you really need a proper mic and pre amp to get it sounding decent though.
It’s my newest piece, and least used so far.
I’ve been so heavy into tweaking the music, vocals have been on the back burner.
That’s the next order of business fer sure.

1 Like

This is my workspace. Acoustic treatment would be nice to have but as you can see I have windows on two sides and an open space to the right. I could certainly find a better suited spot of my appartment but the good thing here is that I have no neighbors in this part of the house. The stuff on the table is what I work with at the moment, I am VERY tempted to sell the rest but I know that there will be times where I regret this. I have “negative-gas”. A “sell what you not used for two months”-syndrom. Is there a name for that?

5 Likes

Anti-GAS ? Unused Gear Expulsion Syndrome ?

Don’t you have a friend that could make some use of it ? You could lend him a few weeks / months until you’re convinced you won’t use it anymore…

3 Likes

Agreed. If at all possible, lend gear out to trusted friends instead of selling. I’ve done so a few times with no regrets, I can’t say the same about stuff I’ve sold.

2 Likes

It’s all linked to GAS though, no? Sell to buy more Eurorack modules maybe?

Yup, exactly this. I have a couple of things out on long-term loan to friends, one of whom has kindly lent me his RYTM for a while so it’s a win-win…

1 Like

Less about the neighbours, more about the other occupants of the house when thanks to my super wonky body clock I’m jamming at 3am…

1 Like

Beautiful setup. I watch all of your videos usually multiple times. Very inspiring, thank you.

1 Like