Your setups [ 10k Archive]

How did you go about racking the 0 coast ?

It’s pretty straightforward really @Leyy :

• Remove knobs and jack nuts
  • Remove screws connecting faceplate to base
  • Remove faceplate
  • Remove screws connecting PCB to base
  • Add faceplate, jack nuts and knobs
  • Ready for racking!

I don’t connect it to my euro power source, use the as supplied 0-coast adaptor but you’ll need a blank panel to cover this up or accept it being unsightly. The only other issue is that it comes in at 43.5HP or so - sliding nuts required!

1 Like

Ah alright I thought you had it powered by the case, how do you operate if you want to close your case and take it around, is the make noise blank here just to hide the power going to the 0 coast ? did you drill a hole in the case to let the jack through or something ? Loads of questions i’m sorry :smile:

I got my case built for me and pre-planned a small hole on the rear to take this cable (and for a spring reverb tank when I had one). I have quite a few blank panels in my rack so that isn’t an issue for me - you need about 6 to 8 HP to cover where the cable goes. Here it is on ModularGrid:

2 Likes

Aight, thanks, so when you want to carry your case around, do you just leave the power supply hanging or stick it to the case in some way ? I can imagine it’s hard / impossible to unplug / plug once it’s screwed in the rack with a blank, or do you just take the blank out ?

Yep, pretty much. My rack generally doesn’t get carried about. My intention would be to unrack it once it fills up with other modules but I’ve run out of Eurorack funds! :nej:

But if you have to, you could remove the blank and unplug easily. It’s just a bit of a faff.

1 Like

Ok thank you for taking the time to answer :slight_smile: Cheers

2 Likes

I change my Yamaha HS8 for Presonus R80. I very happy for that !

2 Likes

Here´s my small spaceship. Recently traded my AK for an A4 because of the size factor. Play some live gigs to. https://www.youtube.com/user/n13media
Thanks. Andre.

1 Like

Don’t have the room or layout to set up everything at once. Someday, but not now. Already have my own ‘media room’ with all this in it, but a large record collection takes up a whole other wall on it’s own. Some of my other hobbies get another corner too.

So, I take down 1-2 things at a time, use them and record/sample and swap out from there as needed. So far, only use Push or Maschine, but not both at the same time (though I understand that can be a fun combo). Wouldn’t leave me room for much else. I could always run midi and power to the bookshelf too, but haven’t done it yet. Only have a 2 in/out interface, so my options are limited anyway. Mixer and/or more IO in future.

4 Likes

This seems an odd way to work but pretty cool! I like the idea of limiting yourself to only one or two things at a time.

After a month of rearranging back and forth I finally got something workable! I’ve got a handmade 19" rack so I can house the Waldorf MicroQ and the Alesis Microverb. Although I had everything hooked up including the Korg Volca Sample and was running everything into a small mixer, I wanted to concentrate on the Digitakt and the Monologue and getting them to play nice together. Having a section for music and a section for computer / work is really nice, so as not to get distracted. The only thing now is to extend the rack out so I can space the speakers properly. Maybe have the monologue love under the large rack and the DT to live under the extension. Love it!!

4 Likes

Another Nord Stage - must be a pianist like me? :slight_smile:

Every now and again I put everything away except a couple of bits of gear. I like the limitations, and I find that I focus more on experimenting and finding interesting sounds. Then, when I get bored, I bring out another bit of gear and it feels new all over again.

For the next month or so I’ve decided to use only the :elot: and my 6U Eurorack system, which is mostly Mutable Instruments.

6 Likes

28 Likes

My cats bedroom corner

4 Likes

Nice to see everyone’s setups … though amazed how few of you have any kind of acoustic treatment in your rooms. From my experience, this is the MOST important element of a setup if you are using monitors. I know it’s not always possible, but what a difference it makes !

3 Likes

Our setup for live during last WE, we had the chance to have sun and beautiful scenery done by a friend.

My friend focus more on drums (TR8), small samples (volca) and live mixing/mute/FX send.
I focus on bass (minibrute sequenced by OT) and guitar/melodic/vocal stuff with Ultranova and guitar, both looped with OT. We don’t have prepared pattern, we are fully improvising (even midi sequence of minibrute).

13 Likes

Loving the desktop mod on the Minibrute…!

3 Likes

Mostly Mutable and the OT is severely powerful!
Nice set-up…

1 Like