Your setups

It’s a lovely custom made stand for both units, so that all the cables from the Keystep fit under them. I got it from a small but very fast and friendly company in Germany, you can order the stands here: http://www.mus-wood.de
Just send him a mail and he’ll get you something done in no time!

Thank you horrrsing :slight_smile:

My setup and also my first post here. Been following this forum for a while now but only recently managed to acquire an account.

Very nice setup 3 Generations of Elektron Boxes :slight_smile:

Sweet. A fellow Yamaha MSP, Octatrack and Reaper user. :+1:

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks! I used to have a bunch of vintage synths and miscellaneous bits & bops, but maybe two years ago I sold 42 pieces of musical equipment and bought 3 Elektrons in their place. Haven’t really looked back. My Polysixes, Mono/Polys and old Ensoniqs were always on the brink of destruction and gigging with them was always really adventurous and too exciting. I wanted something that I can rely on. I made an analogy that I sold 42 Fiats and bought myself 3 Ferraris with the money.

Ha! This side-benefit of reducing gear has definitely not gone unnoticed in my studio. :grinning:

Any chance you’ve gotten OB working with reaper?

Alas, I cannot claim to be freed from the cable mess. Or excess of gear. Two months since my last photo in this thread, I have managed to figure out where everything is going and am in the process of cabling up the gear on the desk. Once done, I will begin to move everything into its proper place and then hang the acoustic panels. Though it’s hard to tell from these photos, I am in the last stages before completion.

Had it working one day for an hour (I only recently bought myself the AK and AR) but then I updated my iMac to a newer one and now OB does not find my synths any more. Hadn’t had the time to look into it. Too much work related stress and this synth haven of blissfull thoughts and peace of mind pictured is away from my home at our studio. I need a free sunday at some point to spend there.

Hope you get it soon.

Much like a few of the more recent posts I have seen one here, I too for a long time have been stalking this site but only recently have gotten a account.

Long time Elektron user(bought a SIDStation new way back when, and was one of the first 100 customers/beta testers to have a Machinedrum). Anyway that was a long time ago in a studio far away and sold. Just got back into making music and wanted to go the whole DAW, USB audio, with actual hardware route(i always hated my cabling and the damn cables were so much $$). Thankfully I did my research before purchasing(in Nov 2017) and picked up MK1’s of the AR and A4. Saw a Digitone new $100USD off a few weeks ago and just couldn’t resist(but haven’t really had a chance to play with it as I am waiting for Overbridge for it). Also Really love the Soundcraft mixer… 24 outs and 22 in’s all over USB2! It always makes me laugh when people talk about Overbridge not working for 8 channels as I have mixer with so many and it works(and it’s WAY less money then a dedicated analog mixer and USB sound card!)

That thing looks sick. Is there somewhere I can get that same case?

I’ve stripped my home studio to the bare minimum, got rid of the seaboard, OP1, Blofeld, TR8, TI Snow, Prophet 8, minilogue, Octatrack… even just sold the MS20. I felt they were more of like a distraction rather then something I’d actually use in my music.

Now I’ve got only MPC Live for sampling and drum programming.
Analog Keys because it’s my favourite.
Prophet 12 module and Mopho X4,
Moog LP … one of the old ones which takes forever to warm up… but when it does…
Eventide H9 Max which is mainly sitiing in the box because I’m lazy to re-cable my gear.
Absolutely ancient PC… it’s at least 12 years old.
A couple of old Yamaha FM synths in the corner… because when I need FM it’s just easy to grab them.
Komplete Kontrol S88 for libraries… still haven’t installed the software which is included…
What’s not visible; electronic drum kit… 2 Hohner professional B-bass guitars… one absolutely knackered… Just bought the second one because old habits die hard. And my Schecter Banshee Elite with the sustainiac pickup… & Strat.

Jealousy @ the Sub 37. Next on my purchase list.

What makes you keep an A4 and an AK at once?

I honestly don’t know, sorry…

bought it second hand, so didn’t even bother to investigate

I just like the sound of them, and the difference between them. Not to mention I’m hopeless with a DAW, so the more sequencers I have, the better.

AK is running Bass lines (2 tracks unison) and heavier mono synth tones (2 tracks unison).
A4 is is doing the lighter/ambient pads, sweeps and quirky bits. If I had to do it on the AK only, or A4, it would be too few tracks for where I’m going now.

AK “keys” not going to waste since I’m using them to play the Lead4.

By the way. I have a Subsequent37 up for sale. It’s in the market place here.

I just got my A4 last week so i’m a bit broke now!

Nice space! Cool b&w photos too. I’ve been curious about these Soundcraft USB mixers for a while now. I’ve probably even asked others questions about theirs in this very thread. But, I’d still like to know a bit more of your opinion on:

1. Build quality. Wobbly knobs or faders? Built to last a decade or more?
  2. How you use yours. Do you have more equipment out of sight? Planning to get more equipment? Or do you use the extra mixer channels to mix audio from Ableton? (You can route vst tracks, etc. from Ableton over USB right?)

Thanks!