Your setups [ 10k Archive]

@Lampmeister - if you can get the AK, do that, I love my A4 but wish I had the keys. its just that little bit better in the right ways. But a shame as so close to my A4 i probably wont get one unless I take a big hit and sell it

Some quality set ups! I can never settle on the best layout so here is the current version.

8 Likes

I’d love an AK but it’s too big for me. I prefer to travel light.

Push 2 and bass station 2 and Gibson sg not pictured
The thing on the left is an Alesis io dock 2 I added padding to fit and iPad Air.

3 Likes

Would love to see a video highlighting the array of effects you have there.
All the OTO’s, looking really nice.

I’ll try and record a video showing the effects boxes in action.

FatHand , that bass trap XDD at the background corner , i have contructed my own bass traps with rockwool and covered by felt fibre . Don´t know if has some absortion effect … but i did it :wink:

It is not an effective bass trap in the corner just a thick sheet of MDF covered in carpet angled behind the speaker. I built a few boards like that for a live room recording of a band to separate off some of the instruments, a sort of last minute construction job for a last minute recording job. I figured I would just use them in my music room afterwards as they are better than nothing. It’s not the best room for sound to be honest and could use some proper treatment but it is temporary while I do some work in my house. I suspect your rock wool and felt would have a better result!

What’s that duo case you have for the Elektrons? Looks elegant…

Trying to remember where I got this, I think it was Marmot Audio and just went for the the clear Acrylics so in the right light it looks like they are floating.

OH YEAH. I was drawn to them thinking there was nothing between the top tier and desk. Now I see the legs. Nice.

EDIT: yeah now that I think about it having a two tier stand like that - nothing between the top and surface - would be killer. Anyone know if anyone makes stands like that?

FatHand thanks for your message , and what happens if i dont use any mdf back to the rockwool ? , because i have 2 panels (100x60centimeters) of rockwood and they are only covered by felt fibre , not holded by wood heheh . Do you think is like don´t put nothing ? :wink: - sorry for offtopic

Room acoustics is not really my area of expertise but from what I understand, each material has a different absorptive capacity. I think it has something to do with the density of the material and properties of the material to convert sound energy into heat energy. I think that the denser the material the lower the frequencies it can absorb. Someone with better understanding of the topic/physics in general will probably be able to correct me if I’m wrong. Room treatment isn’t just about absorptive treatment but also controlling how sound waves are reflected within the room and you will often see diffusion panels on the walls of studios. Anyway, depending on the type of rockwool you are using, that is the material best suited to acoustic treatment. My carpet panels are not bad and better than nothing, I think they help a bit with taming the high frequency reflections in that room.

Just redid mine. I got into the habit of always standing up when I’m making music. Find I am much more productive for some reason,

9 Likes

It’s like a womb of love and music

10 Likes

Ryan, which Elektron stands are those?
I’m going back to a 4x Elektron configuration myself so I am looking at all options.

They’re the ones that some gentleman makes and sells off eBay. About 40 each. Not bad.

I really want to get one of those metal travel case stands, but $$$

Hey Adam, are you saying that you’ll make live with 4 Elektron now ? No other gear ?
Do you use your Qu Pac on stage ?

A4, AR, MD and ?

i love you more now

2 Likes