Your Setups (Part 1)

Has anyone here got an underground studio? Under water for mamimum bonus points :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Another minimal setup that looks really focused. I am in awe. I hope people keep posting stuff like this, so I get the courage to do it myself.

How are you routing the audio? Is there a mixer involved?

2 Likes

Oh my cleanliness! :+1:t6::+1:t6::+1:t6:

1 Like

Thanks! Less is definitely more, I’ve learned. Cue out of the OT goes into the input of the DN, when I want to resample something through the DNs effects. DN out goes back into OT AB inputs. I’ve got an aux cable hooked up to the CD input of the OT for when I want to record guitar/op-1/op-z/po-32/vocals, so that is always changing.
I basically just record everything the OT and pull the audio files over to the computer for some finishing touches with izotope, no mixer needed.

4 Likes

Half points for basements?

I’m also a guitar player. I am curious about that linstrument. Can you set scales or modes?
You basically transpose the left hand fingering to the pads?

Anything subterraneum:)

Set up an OT altar out in the living room where I meditate, next to where my partner works on her art. She’s doing some projection mapping here. Fun times.

50 Likes

That view!

6 Likes

Those floors! :heart:

4 Likes

And that window is diagonal to the wall! We’re gonna need to see a floor plan. Somehow this building appears to have been constructed around an octatrack.

6 Likes

Lol - the shape of that room has been driving me nuts since @bemo posted the first pic from inside it!

1 Like

i hope the next pic has a better view of the dog.

4 Likes

Yes, the standard tuning is basically like an 8-stringed bass guitar where each row represents one string. You can configure the pads in a lot of ways, set scales by changing the lit notes or change the note offset between rows. Notes that are not in the scale will still be playable, but are not lit, which I think is great. You can also split the grid in a very flexible manner and play two instruments at the same time. The right split can even be set to strum mode, so you can fingerpick or strum the notes fingered in the left split, just like a guitar.

1 Like

Sure thing! old Ww2 bunker, ca 4-5 meters undergroundIMG_2373

40 Likes

I bet the acoustics are amazing .Especially the Reverb :slight_smile:

Have you tried elevating it yet? Thinking about getting the same roadworx stand.

I can do with angled cables if not possible, but would be great if someone could confirm that the Octa actually fits with them.

Not yet as my main mixer/soundcard developed a fault and I had to send it in for repair. Barely used my gear since unfortunately. But depending on how high you set the stand I can see it being usable even with the Octa on top.

That’s no dog. That’s a rug!

where do i get a rug like that? i’m gonna get 5 or 6.

2 Likes